P500 Roms on P505?

androidwkim

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading around for a bit, and it's just a lot of info for me to take in in one sitting. I'm on stock rooted 2.3.3, with the OldBB recovery installed from Rom Manager. Could I flash a rom like AOKP for the P500? Is there some sort of issue when flashing P500 roms onto the P505? I think I've heard of a colour issue. And what's the stuff about a kernel to fix problems? Thanks in advance,

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes most p500 roms you can flash. You will need to flash arjens kernel for it to work properly.
Just be sure you understand what your doing . But will be here to help if something goes wrong.
happy flashing:)

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes most p500 roms you can flash. You will need to flash arjens kernel for it to work properly.
Just be sure you understand what your doing . But will be here to help if something goes wrong.
happy flashing:)

Unless Arjen has updated his kernel to include all the functionality any of the gingerbread roms will need to be flashed with Joban's kernel and then Arjens (its goofy yes but it works)

OneForth

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
All you need to do is flash Arjens kernel over any kernel for arjens to work.

Don't forget to make a nand back up!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

androidwkim

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, when I hold Power-Vol Down-Home to boot into recovery, it always freezes or goes into fastboot mode, how can I get the recovery working? I installed Clockworkmod through ROM Manager, by choosing the OldBB version for the P500.

androidwkim

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, so I was wondering what the kernel was. I saw that Arjen had a gingerbread kernel, but the AOKP I am trying to flash is 4.0.4. I just tried flashing to see what it would look like, and boy it looks ugly. Where is the kernel that fixes colours for any rom?

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi, so I was wondering what the kernel was. I saw that Arjen had a gingerbread kernel, but the AOKP I am trying to flash is 4.0.4. I just tried flashing to see what it would look like, and boy it looks ugly. Where is the kernel that fixes colours for any rom?

I don't think arjen ever got around to creating a gb kernel for our phone.

Sent from my LG-p506 using Android Central Forums

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
@ korrectmethod. so there is no diff between these two?

Nope i think the only gb kernel arjen released was bugged bad, it wasnt usable. The link in the thread is dead now also. Somehow my cm7 method created a franken-kernel, lucky for us, works perfect on gb.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

androidwkim

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
What recovery version does ROM manager install? I looked in the forums for the ported CWM, but there seem to be compatibility issues with P500 roms. Now I'm interested in Paranoid Android, and it says it requires CWM ver 5+.

OneForth

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
What recovery version does ROM manager install? I looked in the forums for the ported CWM, but there seem to be compatibility issues with P500 roms. Now I'm interested in Paranoid Android, and it says it requires CWM ver 5+.

When you going into the recovery it will tell you at the top of the screen, or inside ROM manager it will tell you what version you have installed. If you have one installed at all.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

buzzman

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried to flash the CM10 rom for the p500 and it does not work at all. The rom has to be trimmed- which means you have to re-cut the rom to make it smaller. Not within my abilities and I had no idea this is how it worked. All I knew is my phone was not working properly- no home button, no wifi, no gps. If this happens to you, the rom may be too big for this phone.