sd backup and partition

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
been researching this a couple days now,and i know everyone hates answering the same things over again, but i really dont want to screw this up. ive tried doing a few backups to my pc, i plug in my phone, hit usb storage, go to computer, copy the whole card (drive "e" on my pc), and try to copy it to a new folder somewhere else, which doesnt always work. is there an easier or better way? i want to partition my card (dont know why i never did this before now), and i dont want to lose anything important and not be able to get it back. this has me more nervous than when i first rooted it.

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Everything SD Cards - Discussion and How to-- this is the directions i used. phone still shows low internal memory, how can i tell if my partition worked right?i cant see it in any file manager. i copied the card to pc, partitioned, then sent a copy to the card. im missing some apps, and it takes forever to reload them from playstore. never formated card, i thought it was done automatically when partitioned.should i have done something differant when i put the backup on the card? i thought it would automatically put things where they should be with the partition.these phones have little internal storage, so i got a class 10, 32 gb card.does it say low internal memory because it thinks the partition is internal? the more i research something, the more confused i get. i thought this would speed up my phone and generally make it better all around. i appreciate all replies,im new at this. thanx.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
well i dont know the steps you took. so here is what ive done.
removed card from phone and inserted it into pc card reader.
opened folder and copied file to comp.
opened partition magic and moved 1st partition smaller
format 2nd partition to one of many, ie fat, ext 2,3,4... ext 2 is recomended, but if rom supports ext 4 then go with it.
put card back into phone, install link2sd and follow instructions.