MAC address unavailable

marcandroid

May 2, 2011
Visit site
When I try to obtain the MAC address of my Thrive via: Menu/Settings/About Phone/Status/Wi-Fi MAC address the display reads unavailable.

What's up w/that? and how do I obtain the MAC address for my phone?

Thanks in advance for any help.

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
When I try to obtain the MAC address of my Thrive via: Menu/Settings/About Phone/Status/Wi-Fi MAC address the display reads unavailable.

Need to make sure WiFi is turned on first. Then, go into the menu you describe above, and MAC address should show up.

Jim McDonald1

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it should. But it doesn't.

What do we try next?

Also, the machine always has a MAC address. Why would wifi have to be turned on to make it visible?

Spooters

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I made an account on this website just so I could share what I've learned on this subject that I think might help.

I too had the same issue after I flashed a new kernel to my HTC Vivid... My wifi always said "Turning on" but never did, and my mac address showed "Unavailable"
Turns out the problem was as simple as a faulty file in the Android system.
Try finding and replacing the file named bcmdhb.ko located in System>lib>modules. (You'll need root access and a root file explorer) Download the appropriate file for your phone, boot your phone into recovery/fastboot and plug into your computer. Now using cmd and adb type the command "adb push /users/*username*/Desktop/bcmdhd.ko /system/lib/modules" (Minus quotes, *username*= user name of computer)
*** What I do to save time and extra typing... I moved all my adb files to the same folder as my bcmdhb.ko and any other phone related file boot.img's, ect. Then just hold shift and right click a random spot inside the folder and select the option "Open Command Window Here" That starts your cmd operation right from the location you need, rather than ever having to type " /users/*Youre comps username*/Desktop/" I really hope this helps (Note that doing the mentioned short cut I use does not mean you only type "adb push bcmdhd.ko" You still need to tell cmd what location to push the file too. So you still have to type "adb push bcmdhd.ko /system/lib/modules"

Hope this helps. :D

Giovanni Spinelli

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I've got the same error "MAC ADDRESS UNAVAILABLE" on Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I would like to try this fix before sending the phone back for service but I am a newbie when it comes to these installs.
The phone has a stock android 4.2.1 operating system. A couple of questions about your procedure:
1-Can I implement this fix from the Odin Mode "Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target" screen. Is this the fastboot mode & root access?
2-Where do I get the approporate file for my phone?
3-If you can breakdown the commands further it would be so helpful
Thanks
John

AutomotiveEngineer

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Spooters, I think you've found the remedy! But it seems to be some alien language.
Can you please explain it in easy to understand step by step procedure that includes where to click, which app to open, where to type, etc. etc.?

sarveshcool123

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Dear
team i m facing a problem with my wifi my wifi & blootooth mac address is showing unavailable thats why i cant connect any wifi devices or blootooth please suggest me how can i gate my wifi mac address of my lg g3 d690 model no phone

Sainishanth

May 13, 2017
Visit site

My phone mi2 my WiFi networks problem please help me...