Firmware Update on the Phenoix released

PharmNerd

May 19, 2011
pharmnerd.com
hmm did you get the link yet I need it so badly

Nope.. Even tried some Google-fu outside of these forums to no avail.

Have tried to update several times now, and can never get past the initial "checking for updates" popup. Tried removing the battery, updating via 3G, updating via WiFi. Nothin'.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I can verify that on the Phoenix the update to 2.2.2 does in fact allow you to load non-market APKs. I downloaded and installed Gingerbreak using this method I rooted my phone.

lowdrewl

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Rooted phone (thrive @ 2.2.1) using information here, only to find out 2.2.2 is now out? Nice!.....LOL

Oh well. I dont think it will be that easy but if someone can post the update.zip file, how will that help? Im guessing if your rooted and use that update.zip your phone will be bricked! or perhaps I am new and just confused.

Is unrooting really as simple as deleting a couple of files as Dinlaca stated? I used used superoneclick 1.7 to root my thrive. I would like remove root, update to 2.2.2 and then re-root with gingerbreak if possible. Any help greatly appreciated :p

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
If you used SuperOneClick doesn't it have and unroot option? Seems to me I remember reading about it somewhere... maybe I'm wrong. Personally if its more complicated than a button press or two I wouldn't unroot 2.2.1 just to install 2.2.2 I have been using 2.2.2 since day one and so far the only real difference I have seen is with being able to load third party apps. Personally I would just stick with what you have for now and wait to unroot till the gingerbread update comes out.

lowdrewl

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
If you used SuperOneClick doesn't it have and unroot option? Seems to me I remember reading about it somewhere... maybe I'm wrong. Personally if its more complicated than a button press or two I wouldn't unroot 2.2.1 just to install 2.2.2 I have been using 2.2.2 since day one and so far the only real difference I have seen is with being able to load third party apps. Personally I would just stick with what you have for now and wait to unroot till the gingerbread update comes out.

Donavan, SuperOneClick does have an unroot, but....I think the SuperOneClick was just a temporary root when done on the Thrive. I am thinking that unroot is for the SuperOneClick root. After I got the temporary root I then followed Dinlaca steps to do the permanant root, which actually worked excellent (ty Dinlaca :)) The reason I wanted the 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 update was cuz of the SMS bug. I did also do the sideload app fix on 2.2.1 so its working there.

If i figure a safe way to unroot I will post back. Thanks for the advice and quick response Donavan, this is my first post ever on any site and you are a really nice person :)

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the world of forums really useful tool for finding out answers to questions but make sure to search before posting. Thanks for the compliment BTW. I can't say that I really know a whole lot about the other methods of rooting for this phone. I read around a little bit about the different methods and figured out gingerbreak was the easiest for me. I am by no means the expert here I'm sure there are way more knowledgeable people in this room than I. I'm Just posting what I found out so that others don't have to read pages and pages of info that doesn't really pertain to their phone.

PharmNerd

May 19, 2011
pharmnerd.com
Hmm.. Still trying to pull off the OTA update to 2.2.2 on my Thrive. Now, every time I try to manually update, I get a force close prompt (The application com.lge.omadmclient (process com.lge.omadmclient) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.)

MrMelQuin

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.. Still trying to pull off the OTA update to 2.2.2 on my Thrive. Now, every time I try to manually update, I get a force close prompt (The application com.lge.omadmclient (process com.lge.omadmclient) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.)

Same here. We have two, and one had little problems with an OTA. The other one will never complete checking or will give me the exact error you describe.

PharmNerd

May 19, 2011
pharmnerd.com
Aha! Success!

Thrive222Update.png

Finally got the firmware updated on my Thrive. Not sure if this is what did the trick, but last night after failing to install (for the 10th time or so), I went into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All. I then tapped "com.lge.omadmclient", and then tapped the "Clear data" button.

Today, when I first tried to update, I quickly got a Force Close notice. However, I immediately tried again, and after about 15 seconds, I was prompted to update to Android 2.2.2. About ten minutes later, it was installed.

One thing to note... The update took place just fine while I was connected to Wifi. When I did the manual update, the phone just accessed 3G on its own to check for the update.

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!!! Worked perfectly for me, on WiFi too! (I don't have data plan and it said no data would be charged) thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma