android screen locker that doesn't pocket dial 911

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to fix the emergency call issue the P505/P506 when using the pattern lock. I would really like to lock my phone but I have already dialed 911 on accident and would rather not do it again. Is there a replacement or are we going to have to wait from someone to get a custom ROM out for us and then fiddle with it?

biltrite

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to fix the emergency call issue the P505/P506 when using the pattern lock. I would really like to lock my phone but I have already dialed 911 on accident and would rather not do it again. Is there a replacement or are we going to have to wait from someone to get a custom ROM out for us and then fiddle with it?
Couldn't agree more. It's really frustrating how easy it is to pocket dial 911, yet I'm a big fan of the stock pattern lock. I just want that emergency button to go away.

I managed to pocket dial 911 twice in one day...

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a work-around its not really a fix so much as it is adding an extra layer of protection. I googled around and found some people talking about lock screen replacements and came across a gem. There is a free app in the marketplace called Lockbot this is the key in my opinion. Now there is a paid version available that will give you tons of themes and the ability to use its own pattern locking screen, but im cheap so I didn't go for that. So here is what you do.

1 setup the pattern locking just as you would normally use it
2 download the Lockbot App
3 configure the Lockbot App so that it show what ever unlock screen you prefer

Once you have this installed and set up, what you will see is an unlock screen with the slider bar like you have when you dont use the pattern lock. Once you slide the bar it will take you to the pattern lock screen where the dreaded 911 button lives. Just draw your pattern and you in your phone. its one small extra step but no worries about accidental pocket dials.

Word of caution lockbot seems to have issues with some phones and some users dont realize you can actually do a good bit of customizing. Also when you first turn you phone on Lockbot will no be loaded it takes a min or so to load and you may even have to lock and unlock the phone once to get it to work. I haven't noticed any issues with it and I have been using it for several days now.

My phone is a LG Phoenix LGP505 running Froyo 2.2.2

skelton

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I simply installed Call Confirm and solved the problem. Requires that I confirm that I really want to call 911. So far it has saved me from having 911 calling me and seeing if I'm OK.

Ambidextroustim

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
Recently purchased an lg v30. In 6 weeks I must have pocket dialed 911 8 or 10 times. Thankfully they haven't made an issue. I called LG and I'm pretty sur the rep just googled to see what to tell me. I am going to try call confirm. Sure is disappointing having all this "smart" in your phone but can't fix something so elementary.

ckyarsgaard

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
Recently purchased an lg v30. In 6 weeks I must have pocket dialed 911 8 or 10 times. Thankfully they haven't made an issue. I called LG and I'm pretty sur the rep just googled to see what to tell me. I am going to try call confirm. Sure is disappointing having all this "smart" in your phone but can't fix something so elementary.

This is infuriating. I've had the exact same problem with the V30, pocket dialing 911 at least a half dozen times in the last several months. I don't know if it's this phone in particular, with the location of the power/fingerbutton button on back, but I'm getting extremely irritated.