Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

ROM
    stock for now

Default Re: This is the easiest way to root the LG Phoenix / Thrive

Just installed Titanium Backup. Works great. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone have a link to directions on installing CWM for the Phoenix.

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

HOW TO: Clock Workrecovery Mod ( CWM )

CWM FOR PHOENIX HOW TO. its in the main thread.

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

You can try using root installer? And I strongly suggest you guys use TWRP. Its so much better than CWM. But if you don't know how to manually install recoverys by means of adb/fastboot, then install CWM first, then download TWRP for optimus one and flash it from CWM, reboot and your all good.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

If someone can give me a 100% sure fire way of rooting the gingerbread phones I will gladly update my first post to include all this information. Also, Oathkeeper, could you please start a new thread or give me a hand with all the information on TWRP (detailed instructions on how to install). If not I will be glad to give it a go but I need to make sure I have a 100% gingerbread root before hand just in case I softbrick my own phone updating to TWRP and have to use the KDZ's to restore it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Oathkeeper1212, I checked into TWRP. Unfortunately right now its may be a dead end road. Teamwin has lost some of there developers And there seems to be some indication that the development of TWRP may be stalled greatly. There is another person trying to build a new version of TWRP code naming it Phoenix (fitting I thought) but I dont know if it will have any support for our phones.

ROM
    CM9 4.0.4/CM10 (Testing)

Well I still have the zip if you want it. And I have a root method for the gingerbread update.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #82  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Yeah go ahead and post it, I tried to download it but none of the links I found worked (damn SOPA). It looks like there will be development but when is the question.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Glad I checked this thread again before upgrading. I was thinking about running the upgrade to GingerBread tonight. I want root more than I want the upgraded OS. So, I will wait.

Can't thank you enough, Donavan.

ROM
    stock for now

Rooting is not the issue. I was rooted about 10 minutes after installing the official update using LG's tool. I have even tried several roms with CWM. All of them that use the a .32 kernel/obb don't work because of the update(by don't work, i mean no data services and some no phone service). The ones that use a .35 kernel/nbb will boot looking real nice with Joban's no longer available .35 kernel but do not have data services. So to me the question is, do you like the roms available that use the .32 kernel/obb? Then don't upgrade. Otherwise, if you can have stock gingerbread and rooting take all of 5 minutes if that.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #85  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by temwt2 View Post
    Rooting is not the issue. I was rooted about 10 minutes after installing the official update using LG's tool. I have even tried several roms with CWM. All of them that use the a .32 kernel/obb don't work because of the update(by don't work, i mean no data services and some no phone service). The ones that use a .35 kernel/nbb will boot looking real nice with Joban's no longer available .35 kernel but do not have data services. So to me the question is, do you like the roms available that use the .32 kernel/obb? Then don't upgrade. Otherwise, if you can have stock gingerbread and rooting take all of 5 minutes if that.
    Can you verify a 100% certain way to root the new gingerbread update. I want to update the first post so the instructions are complete for everyone. If you could just let me know the method you used an if there were any issues, Thanks.

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

no issues rooting 2.3.4 for me. just need to understand ADB a little. other than that its just like running gingerbreak on 2.2.2
    hell i bet you could still run gingerbreak after you input the ADB command.

ROM
    stock for now

I used the exact method that LifesGoodPhoenix posted on page 8 of this thread. http://www.blogotechblog.com/2012/02...3-gingerbread/
    I have used these tools to root, then unroot, then reroot my phone. I have also rooted my girlfriends phone. It worked exactly as stated both times. I've done this with a computer every time though. I didn't mess with trying to do everything from my phone.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

I was kinda hoping for a phone only method but hey what ever works. If we find a better quicker way I can update that too.

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

I dont think there is a phone only method.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

using the following site

Root LG Optimus One P500 on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread

I have a question, are you all using the gingerbreak exploit through superoneclick or is there a better method?

ROM
    stock for now

That is what I am using.

ROM
    stock 2.3.4 rooted

Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    using the following site

Root LG Optimus One P500 on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread

I have a question, are you all using the gingerbreak exploit through superoneclick or is there a better method?
    yes.

i have not found a better way.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Ok I will change my post when I get some spare time.

Bricked LG 505:

Like I said it is totally bricked just a pretty high tech nice desk top dust collector..
    I tried to unroot with gingerbreak and it left it in a questionalble mode. Niether rooted or unrooted.
    So tried the LG upgarade from LG to restore it..Well about 1/2 wat thru it timed out told me to unpug and try again..When I unpluged the phone it was GONE. Dead dead dead. no usb no magic button pushing helps nothing...There thats the skinny on how to brick a LG p505r.

If any one has a fix now is the time to speak up.....LOL
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #95  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

so no emergency mode?

Quote Originally Posted by donavan View Post
    so no emergency mode?
    Yup no nothing BRICKED really not the BS others say when they really mean (messed up)

I'm rootin' my phone with custom ROM. See my thread Custom ROM from LG Stock 2.3.4 - I described the method there.

Default Re: This is the easiest way to root the LG Phoenix / Thrive [Froy

HELP i downloaded gingerbreak to my sd card and icant use open it any ideas?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #99  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Default Re: This is the easiest way to root the LG Phoenix / Thrive [Froy

Quote Originally Posted by adam4374 View Post
    HELP i downloaded gingerbreak to my sd card and icant use open it any ideas?
    You need a file explorer to locate the file and from there you should be able to run it. I suggest you re read the instructions and the XDA link I posted in the first page of my post.

Worked fine for my Thrive. Thanks
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast