1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 rooted

Question Good case for the Thrive/Phoenix?

Anyone found a good case for these phones I can get a body glove one from the AT&T site or some of the cheap Hong Kong plastic/silcone ones from ebay but is does anyone know of any others?

ROM
    Stock Rom LG-P506-V11e

Default Re: Good case for the Thrive/Phoenix?

This is the case that I ordered with the phone. The screen protectors didn't fit properly, but the case fits well with a couple cutouts that were made for a different phone, but all in all a good case. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Here is the link.

Amazon.com: LG OPTIMUS M MS690 SOFT SILICON SKIN CASE - BLACK, WITH 6 SCREEN PROTECTORS: Cell Phones & Accessories

The case i have on mine came from At&t. Its for the phoenix but fits perfectly. Amazon has an otterbox case for the optimus that will fit and is cheap. I ordered me one. Should be here in a couple days. Here is the link:
    Http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004QC...idcentral00-20
    Last edited by Chadw1985; 08-06-2011 at 03:25 AM.

I got the holster/ case for verizon version of phoenix. Some extra cut outs but I love it. Think its called Vortex on verizon.

I bought a Body glove one for the Vortex for my Thrive, not a perfect fit, but good enough for me, I paid $7.50 shipped from Verizon. I bought a cheap silicone case from eBay, i could not get the stock charger to charge the phone with the case on, ended up getting a refund.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-l...lg-thrive.html

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I use the Otterbox commuter series for the Optimus S. It works just fine the difference is that there is a dedicated camera and dedicated voice button on the case. But since the Phoenix/Thrive don't, it isn't a big deal.

I got a black soft silicon case from Wireless Central for $6 including shipping. Please with it with one exception. The hole for the charger is not large enough for the mini usb to stay in. It pops out. Have to take the case off the lower part to charge. Not really a problem

Go to senacases dot com, click LG. Perfect pouch made just for Thrive.

I found the following protectors and Case available from Amazon for about $12 combined with free shipping.

5-Pack EZGuardZ© AT&T LG THRIVE Screen Protectors (Ultra CLEAR)(EZGuardZ© Packaging)

For AT&T LG Thrive P506 Accessory - Rubber Black Hard Case Cover

Both items on Amazon.com exactly as shown.

The case is not "rubber" but has a rubberized type finish with some grip but will still slide into a pocket. Fit and finish is OK but not beautiful. That is ok because I just beat them up anyway. I have had the phone out of the case a few times but each time you damage the little ledges that snap it together. A few more times and it will be time for a new one.

The screen protectors are just that. With 5 of them I was happy to practice on one to get the proper technique to apply it. Suggest using water with just a touch of dish soap to apply it.

Very first thing I did with my new Thrive was drop it getting it out of the packaging. After starting to charge it, the next thing I did was order a case for it.