Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cory Streater
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default [How To]: Apps that are safe to remove from a rooted Exhibit 2

Please read carefully and proceed with caution

If you're looking for a list of Live Wallpapers, Widgets, or other Bloatware apps that are safe to remove from the Exhibit 2 (II), you've come to the right place.

Help us keep it up to date! If there's something missing from the list, and you've tested that it can safely be removed (without ill affects), please shae.

Be very careful removing apps that are not on this list. Just because you see something listed as safe on the internetz doesn't make it so. Too many people brick their phones because they think they've removed something that was okay, only to find themselves in trouble.
    Thanked by:
    sicwikedfasho likes this.

Exclamation Re: [How To]: Apps that are safe to remove from a rooted Exhibit

i accidently fat fingered and deleted mediascannerservice and i have searched all over the web but i cant find anyone who has deleted this before or how to fix it. i did a factory reset on my phone yesterday and now i cant download anything from google play and it pops up the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. i need help.

Default Re: [How To]: Apps that are safe to remove from a rooted Exhibit

Is any Samsung Exhibit II owner able to upload the mediahub APK? Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Some James View Post
    Is any Samsung Exhibit II owner able to upload the mediahub APK? Thank you in advance.
    I personally don't have this phone, but my sister just got today and I will try rooting it tomorrow. I'll see if I could help you out here after rooting.

Update: My sister isn't allowing me to root or even mess with her phone, so no luck in getting you the apk you're needing.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Some James View Post
    Hi there, did you get this resolved? If not let me know and I should be able to get it to you.

Default Re: [How To]: Apps that are safe to remove from a rooted Exhibit 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Please read carefully and proceed with caution

If you're looking for a list of Live Wallpapers, Widgets, or other Bloatware apps that are safe to remove from the Exhibit 2 (II), you've come to the right place.

Help us keep it up to date! If there's something missing from the list, and you've tested that it can safely be removed (without ill affects), please shae.

Be very careful removing apps that are not on this list. Just because you see something listed as safe on the internetz doesn't make it so. Too many people brick their phones because they think they've removed something that was okay, only to find themselves in trouble.
    Hi Cory, thanks for all the help, but I'm just a tiny bit confused....Where is the List?

Thanks
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default Re: [How To]: Apps that are safe to remove from a rooted Exhibit 2

Quote Originally Posted by VFXAnomaly View Post
    Hi Cory, thanks for all the help, but I'm just a tiny bit confused....Where is the List?

Thanks
    These tables got blown away after the vB4 upgrade. I need to redo them :/

I'll probably just take some screenshots from the old forums and post them here. On my todo list for this week.