[How To] Safely to safely remove bloatware from the Exhibit 2

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
A lot of people root their phone's because they want to remove that pesky bloatware.

So the question that often comes up is "How do I move it to a safe place in case I need it again?"

The steps below will help you do just that.

I use a file explorer called "Root Explorer" in this post because it's the most popular app when it comes to folder mounting and file manipulation. It's a paid app and will cost you a double tall latte. There's a free alternative in post #2.

Note: the screenshots below were kanged from yours truly in the Thunderbolt roots, ROM's and Hack's section. Although some of the screenshots are labeled "Thunderbolt", the same concepts are still relevant.

Steps 1 & 2: Download, install, and open Root Explorer:

Steps1thru3.png

Steps 3 - 5: Use Root Explorer to get to the bloatware:

Steps3thru5.png

Steps 6 - 8: Select the bloatware you want to move and click move:

Steps6thru8.png

Steps 9 - 11: Navigate to the sdcard -- where the bloatware will be moved to:

Steps9thru11.png

Steps 12 - 14: Create a new folder on your SD card -- to park those files -- and then paste/move them in there:

Steps12thru14.png

The Bloatware has been moved. Depending on which apps you moved over - you might get a few force closes:

steps15thru17.png

FinalResult.png

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Option 2: using Super Manager file manager.

Steps 1 thru 3: Download, install, run, and setup Super Manager:

Steps1thru3.png

Steps 4 - 6: Enable and allow root:

Steps4thru6.png

Steps 7 - 9: By default, Super Manager opens the SD Card directory. You need to go up a few levels to the "Root" folder:

Steps7thru9.png

Steps 10 - 12: Now you're going to navigate to the /system/app folder and choose which apps to move:

Steps10thru12-1.png

Steps 13 - 15: Once you've finished selecting apps, you're going to navigate to the sdcard -- where the bloatware will be moved to:

Steps13thru15-1.png

Create a new folder on your SD card to move the files to:

Steps16thru18-2.png

Next you're going to paste/move the files:

Steps19thru21.png

congrats.png