- 12-15-2008, 01:22 AM #2
- 12-15-2008, 06:37 PM #3
- 79 Posts
Re: Considering G1 purchase
What are you looking for in a smartphone? Are you already on T-Mobile or thinking of moving to it? What other phones appeal to you?More Human Than Human
Low on space!
These are my wish list for a smartphone:
1. ability to access my gmail personal account
2. ability to access my work email through microsoft exchange
3. threaded SMS
4. edit microsoft office documents
5. need a touch screen, wi-fi and 3G
6. download podcasts over the air
7. decent media player for watching movies
8. an FM radio client would be nice but not essential.
- 12-17-2008, 11:50 PM #5
- 12-18-2008, 11:21 AM #6
- 12-19-2008, 02:06 AM #7
what does everyone think about the new rumors regarding a new G2 landing at the end of January. I have to say that the lack of a hardware keyboard would be a problem for me. i like all the various inputs on the G1 and would love to see them retained in a more attractive package.
- 12-21-2008, 01:13 AM #9
- 12-21-2008, 02:58 AM #10
- 8 Posts
2. is push vs pull a big deal for you because you might have to pull work e-mails from the sky
3. coming from a blackberry where the threading is a joke the G1 threading is awesome, and i'd imagine its just awesome in general
5. check, check, and unless u have at&t and want a G1 so bad u unlock one(like me), Check
7. battery life is a serious issue with the G1 so keep that in mind. as far as the app itself look into 3rd party apps
the chin isn't as bad as people make it out to be and i believe with practice ill be able to type on it just as fast as i could my blackberry (only got the G1 a few days ago) unless ur trying to type while charging which is quite a feat.
- 12-22-2008, 11:01 AM #11