G2 as Wireless Hotspot for Asus Eee Pad Transformer

balero98

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Was blown away by how easy it was to get this to work. Couldn't do the USB tethering, but a password protected WIFI tether took seconds to set up and connect to. Bravo!

If anyone has had success with the USB tether please share.

mao mao

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I used my g2 to set up a wireless hotspot for my xoom. I have a wifi/Verizon 3g xoom but there's no reason to pay for the Verizon contract. Tmo and android ftw!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Was blown away by how easy it was to get this to work. Couldn't do the USB tethering, but a password protected WIFI tether took seconds to set up and connect to. Bravo!

If anyone has had success with the USB tether please share.

You're probably not going to get USB tether to work without a bit of hackery. There's going to be a lack of drivers etc.. The tablets aren't set up by default to be USB hosts very easily, so going beyond that to be a USB host and transfer network data just isn't going to be very easy.

That being said I'm sure with root and some driver changes you can make it work. I know even months ago that people are able to charge their phones with their tablets, so at least that would be an option to make sure your phone doesn't die when running WiFi tether.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon