1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,969 Global Posts

Default T-Mobile G2 price

Just got a tip that pricing will be $199 with contract and $50 rebate. That's in line with that leak we previously saw. Here's the e-mail I got:
    T-Mobile today officially unveiled the T-Mobile® G2™ with Google™, the first smartphone specifically designed for HSPA+, T-Mobile’s new network which delivers 4G speeds. Current customers will be given an exclusive opportunity to pre-order the G2 beginning later this month. The G2 will be available for $199.99 after $50 mail-in rebate with a 2-year service agreement.

The follow-up to the hugely popular T-Mobile G1 with Google, the T-Mobile® G2™ with Google™ gives customers the ultimate Google experience with services such as Voice Actions from Google, Google VoiceTM, and Google GogglesTM. The ultra-powerful G2 pairs a large 3.7-inch screen with a unique hinge design that opens to a full QWERTY keyboard. The G2 also delivers advanced smartphone features such as an HD video camera for recording crystal-clear, high-definition (720p) videos that can be automatically uploaded to Photobucket and a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and autofocus. Additionally the G2 offers easy access to personal and work e-mail, including support for Microsoft Exchange e-mail, contacts and calendar; social networking, and instant messaging, a pre-installed 8GB microSD memory card with support for up to 32GB as well as a music player, and additional features such as:

* Dedicated Quick Keys for one-touch access to your favorite Google shortcuts and applications
    * Powerful Qualcomm® MSM7230 mobile processor, part of the latest generation of Snapdragon chipsets which includes an 800Mhz CPU, powerful graphics, multimedia, GPS, and a new HSPA+ modem optimized for 4G speeds
    * Adobe Flash Player enabled Web browsing experience
    * Pinch and zoom functionality for Web browsing and photo gallery
    * 4GB internal memory with pre-installed 8GB micro SD card, with support for up to 32 GB of external memory
    * Built-in 3.5mm headphone jack, stereo headset and Bluetooth support
    * Swype® text input for fast, accurate communication
    Last edited by Phil Nickinson; 09-09-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Fix spacing
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

Any update on non contract pricing?
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.

Global Posts
    2,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liberty v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by menno View Post
    Any update on non contract pricing?
    My question exactly.
    there is no spoon
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,969 Global Posts

Yeah, I heard $699 or $799. :-/ We'll see.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liberty v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Yeah, I heard $699 or $799. :-/ We'll see.

Guess I'll be looking for a giveaway
    there is no spoon

Really? $700? On a phone with these specs? I'd expect that from a 4G something or other, but not even the BB Torch started at that and surely you think BB and AT&T would want to hit up those business types for all their worth.

I'm hoping that since this isn't exactly breakneck in terms of specs a price point of $399. Maybe $499. Who knows though.

699 or 799!? Yeah right!

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts

Rumors I've heard have this at full cost being $399.

MSRP is $499 as far as I know. I expect to be able to get it for lower.