Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AMOLED or SLCD

Has there been an official announcement by T-Mobile or HTC as to whether the G2 will use AMOLED or SLCD, yet?

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Andromadus Mimicry

Samsung can barely keep up the demand worrying about their own devices. So unless HTC dishes out the BIG bucks, every new phone will probably be SLCD.

From Best Buy- full touch screen 3.7 S-TFT WVGA with clear images and wide viewing angle

Samsung has catching up to do. Shortages all around.

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by NoSpin View Post
    Samsung can barely keep up the demand worrying about their own devices. So unless HTC dishes out the BIG bucks, every new phone will probably be SLCD.

From Best Buy- full touch screen 3.7” S-TFT WVGA with clear images and wide viewing angle
    I've read that it will SLCD as well. Smart move on HTC's part. Not because of the shortage, but AMOLED hasn't really lead to improved battery life like it was claimed to do, and although the contrast is great, the colors are way over saturated.

I really wish this phone was coming to Verizon.
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

It is SLCD and looks amazing. The display is so smooth, it looks like higher res than my Nexus (although it's not)