What phone are you giving up for the G2? And why?

cltatenza

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
From reading the forum, it sounds like quite a few of you are current N1 users? What are other people giving up for the G2?

My past 2 phones have been the BB 8900 and the 9700. This will be my first Android based phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

dubr562

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
considering giving up my Droid X... i'm a Verizon whore since all other carriers suck in my area (Long Beach, CA) but this phone is a beast!!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
From reading the forum, it sounds like quite a few of you are current N1 users? What are other people giving up for the G2?

My past 2 phones have been the BB 8900 and the 9700. This will be my first Android based phone.

I have also owned the BB 8900 and presently am using the 9700, and have never owned an Android before as well.... I'm looking forward to owning one. Unfortunately I need to wait until November, which could be good if T-Mobile also releases the myTouch HD in early November (as was rumored). IMHO, it's a good time to leave the Blackberry world and get an Android.

aceman118

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
IMHO, it's a good time to leave the Blackberry world and get an Android.

Agreed. OS 6 just doesn't look like all that much of a change and the as much as I like the 9700 battery life and keyboard theres just no open development/apps for it and I think I could get a lot more out of an android device. The G2 is looking pretty awesome. Here's hoping t-mo lets me get one for the contract price.

jonesdavide

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning on selling my beloved Nexus One to get the G2. I don't really want to get rid of my Nexus One because of its awesomeness, but I got to play with a G2 in the store yesterday and I think it is a worthy successor.

DiscoDapper

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
@denness544, just curious, why are you giving up the Epic for the G2?

I'm actually in the same boat and today is the last day to turn the Epic in, so I went and played with a G2 at T-Mob today and it felt really nice, tight and well engineered. That said, the Epic is way smoother and faster all around, not that the G2 was a slouch.

The screen is no competition, but the G2 buttons, layout and ergonomics are supreme. That may be worth the price of admission.

Hmmm... the clock is ticking.

denness544

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
@denness544, just curious, why are you giving up the Epic for the G2?

I'm actually in the same boat and today is the last day to turn the Epic in, so I went and played with a G2 at T-Mob today and it felt really nice, tight and well engineered. That said, the Epic is way smoother and faster all around, not that the G2 was a slouch.

The screen is no competition, but the G2 buttons, layout and ergonomics are supreme. That may be worth the price of admission.

Hmmm... the clock is ticking.

I am not completely happy with my Epic but I do admit it is a nice device. I have problems with the capacitive buttons, keyboard mis-type, horrible battery life, etc. It's really the little things that bugs me. I came from an iPhone and pretty much like a device that works.

I can't just fault the Epic though. Sprint's 3G network is poor here in my area (LA/OC). I really can't turn on 4G all the time since that kills the battery so I figured with T-mobile's HSPA+ it's using just a single radio so therefore I wouldn't have to turn on and off the 4G radio. I'm not willing to stick with the Epic and Sprint's network for 2 years. Instead, I rather go on the T-mobile's month-to-month and buy the G2 straight up. I am very fickle with my mobile devices so the upgrade bug is always there. When there is something I feel worth the 2-year (or 1-year on VZ) committment then I'll jump on it. In the meantime, I rather do the no annual contract route. I can always sell my G2. ;)

The most appealing thing about the G2 to me is Vanilla Android IMO. Also, the development community will be all over this device.

Troggie

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I are switching from BlackBerrys (9650 & 8330). We got the BBs when I started my last job, which had a blackberry server. I got a nice monthly reimbursement. I recently changed positions and no longer need a blackberry, so we're jumping ship!

I've always wanted an Android phone, and the G2 is coming at the perfect time. I could upgrade to one of the Verizon Droids, but I'm tired of paying the Verizon premium. HSPA+ is supposed to be coming to Phoenix soon, so I'm pretty stoked about that too.

I'm a new member here, and while I'm sad to be leaving Crackberry, this looks like a great new home!

Breezy279

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Going to the G2 from a 8900.
I can not wait for a fast phone that doesn't take 15 minutes to turn back on!!!
I've never had an android phone before but played with my friends Vibrant and Epic, so I am very excited for my G2's Monday arrival!! :D

K Bear

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Blackberry 8120--->Blackberry 9700 and now to the G2. Once T-Mobile registers my SIM, I'm in business!:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci