Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I'll be giving up a BB8900 also. Time to move to a larger screen and a faster phone.

For any of you out there who have already given up a blackberry for the G2 - how does it compare so far? My main concerns are the reception, battery and keyboard.

I've already heard pretty good things about the keyboard and the battery doesn't seem to be all that much worse. It does seem like some people are having issues with reception, though. Blackberries always seem to hold a pretty good signal - any comparisons?

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

My BlackBerry Bold 9650 is the best phone I've ever had. I moved from the Tour, which is essentially the same phone (and my first BB). The keyboard's awesome and enterprise email integration was fantastic. Unfortunately, email and calender were the only useful things on it.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my G2 tomorrow. I don't expect to miss my BB too much.

Quote Originally Posted by denness544 View Post
    Sprint's 3G network is poor here in my area (LA/OC).
    ... um, what?!
    Sprint EVO HW Rev 0002 Build 3.70.651.1
    Moto Xoom 3G/1GB

I traded my unlocked iphone 4 for a brand new g2. and I don't regret it at all.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

T-Mobile Vibrant, god no Froyo was pissing me off!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I wish I could give up my evo for it, if sprint doesn't get an HTC slider ill be soooo chapped.

But as usual, sprint doesn't get much HTC love. Just a nod every know and then
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

This is what I've given up in past 2 months to obtain this beast.

Iphone 4 --- HTC Evo ---- Epic 4G ---- HTC G2

I am in love with this phone (besides pandora audio quality on Froyo)

I'm giving up my rooted g1 just hit month 24

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by maomao View Post
    I'm giving up my rooted g1 just hit month 24
    Hope I am as dedicated as you!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

Global Posts
    3,163 Global Posts

I had the G2 for a few days, but went back to my BB 8900 for now. I'll hope for the BB 9780 from T-Mobile in November. I simply couldn't put up with the battery life on the G2. Even on days when I got no phone calls and mostly just received email, I was lucky to have any charge left at 5:00 pm. I did get and use task killer apps, but to no avail. Also, for reasons that neither T-Mobile tech support nor my work IT people could figure out, the G2 simply would not validate my work email account. It was a nice phone, but these two things were deal-breakers.

Ubizmo

Quote Originally Posted by ubizmo View Post
    I had the G2 for a few days, but went back to my BB 8900 for now. I'll hope for the BB 9780 from T-Mobile in November. I simply couldn't put up with the battery life on the G2. Even on days when I got no phone calls and mostly just received email, I was lucky to have any charge left at 5:00 pm. I did get and use task killer apps, but to no avail. Also, for reasons that neither T-Mobile tech support nor my work IT people could figure out, the G2 simply would not validate my work email account. It was a nice phone, but these two things were deal-breakers.

Ubizmo
    I remember having the 8900 before I bought the Nexus One. Blackberries are unfair to compare battery life simply because they do not handle data in the same manner and use less power because of it. I can get through the entire day without having to charge, but I would suggest getting a car charger since plugging it in won't hurt and give it a little boost on your way home. All android phones last about the same. It just comes with the territory. DO NOT USE ANY TASK KILLERS IN FROYO!! Sorry for "yelling" but it is vital that you understand it. It does not do you any good and can create more problems.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Well I have a BB 8900 since launch and loved the phone until the Torch came out with ATT and I must say I'm disappointed with OS6 not that I even got the opportunity to use it myself...I think its time to move on to the future of cell phones...lets just hope the WiFi calling update works when I get my G2 on Friday just in time for my birthday. Blackberry is back to being at the bottom of the pile IMO.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I gave up the 8900, and I'm getting my G2 today, I was getting bored with blackberry, but I think I'm gonna miss the email, and BBM.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by frank_18 View Post
    I gave up the 8900, and I'm getting my G2 today, I was getting bored with blackberry, but I think I'm gonna miss the email, and BBM.
    Haha BBM...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

Quote Originally Posted by frank_18 View Post
    If you are a heavy Gmail user you wont miss the email. And for you bbm addicts there is Gtalk, and various multi-chat clients (eBuddy, Trillian, etc.) that I use Facebook chat for. Plus text messages with Google voice outdid the need for bbm anyways since they are free. Not having 3G or even "4G" on the 8900 is just a major minus. Plus a real web browser makes android a more modern OS nowadays.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by legendary1022 View Post
    If you are a heavy Gmail user you wont miss the email. And for you bbm addicts there is Gtalk, and various multi-chat clients (eBuddy, Trillian, etc.) that I use Facebook chat for. Plus text messages with Google voice outdid the need for bbm anyways since they are free. Not having 3G or even "4G" on the 8900 is just a major minus. Plus a real web browser makes android a more modern OS nowadays.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2
    Cool, the browser was the tipping point for me to go with android.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The lack of instant messaging apps on a BlackBerry is just dumb, those keyboards are meant for some heavy texting... yeah G Talk is more like a faster more universal BBM, without the bad name lol... plus your one gmail account is essentially the only thing Google needs to set up your Google Voice, Google Talk, Android Market, Google Buzz, Google Reader, and even Google Listen accounts. Its amazing cause when I used a BlackBerry I had to make different accounts for everything, my beta testing account should be linked to my Appworld account lol FAIL on RIM's end

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Global Posts
    3,163 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    The lack of instant messaging apps on a BlackBerry is just dumb, those keyboards are meant for some heavy texting... yeah G Talk is more like a faster more universal BBM, without the bad name lol... plus your one gmail account is essentially the only thing Google needs to set up your Google Voice, Google Talk, Android Market, Google Buzz, Google Reader, and even Google Listen accounts. Its amazing cause when I used a BlackBerry I had to make different accounts for everything, my beta testing account should be linked to my Appworld account lol FAIL on RIM's end

Sent from my T-Mobile G2
    For what it's worth the BeeJive multi-IM client works great on BB, as it does on Android. There are others like it available for BB, so I don't know why you say there's a lack of IM apps. There isn't. As for one account linking to all those apps, you have to remember than not everyone uses Google for everything. I have several email accounts, only one of which is Google. I do use Google calendar, but that syncs with my BB calendar anyway, so no problem there.

BB App World has to be linked to an email account for billing purposes (PayPal). It doesn't force you to use a Google account though.

Another good BB feature is the ability to prompt to delete email on handheld only or on handheld and server.

I will miss the larger screen of the G2 though. And the Android OS itself is mostly a pleasure to use.

Ubizmo

I picked up the G2 today. I'm giving up my Nexus One. I'll miss the hotspot capability, hopefully in the long run T-Mobile will implement it.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Rigelian View Post
    I picked up the G2 today. I'm giving up my Nexus One. I'll miss the hotspot capability, hopefully in the long run T-Mobile will implement it.
    Well, they supposedly say there is an OTA update out and about, I haven't gotten it yet so you have to consider if it is fake or not >.> regardless the OTA update supposedly has Wi-fi calling and tethering support, finally, at least it didn't take longer than 2 weeks...

I gave up BB 8900 for G2. For my taste, the larger keyboard is not very convenient. Maybe it takes some getting used to. The battery life is horrible. I go from 100% to 80% in half an hour when I am using an app on the phone. I see this as the main drawback. I also miss BBM, but I'll get over it. Finally, the size is a bit big compared to my 8900. Other than that, the phone is quite sweet.

swapped out my BB8900 which I truly loved for the G2. I love the G2, but the battery life sucks.

Loving everyone coming off of CrackBerry. Yes battery life on BBs are amazing and its something you will have to adjust on android. iOS and Android both will only get you through a day. Blame not having dedicated servers and being stuck on edge (looking at u 8900)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

How about coming off a Treo 680!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast