Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Carrier
    Stock

I'm coming form the best android phone ever... The Motorola Cliq!!! You can imaging my excitement. UPS Tuesday.
    Banned

Gave up a blackberry curve... and gladly!

T-Mobile MDA (wizard)
    Hi android.

I gave up the G1

HTC G1! I know, I know! 2 years without an upgrade is forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    Hope I am as dedicated as you!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2
    What made you change from the G2 to mytouch 4G?

I gave up my unlocked iPhone for my new G2. I am glad I did

My previous was an MB200 (Cliq).

Great device but I needed 2.2 which it will never get.

Joe

throwing my cliq mb200 through the wall for the g2 as my personal options were either the g2 or the mytouch 4g and the g2 wins due to the actual keyboard as I cant stand typing on a screen

blackberry bold 9700

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Default What phone are you giving up for the G2?

I dumped an evo and an epic and picked up two g2's. My wife was heartbroken to give up her epic, but I will say the g2 kicks the evo's *** in real world performance. The display is much improved as well. Its no super amoled, but very crisp with great colors.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,596 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

It's listed as a Super LCD. I love it. I got rid of an EVO for this phone and am definitely not looking back.

Default seeing for the first time

BlackBerry Pearl 8220 flip, the G2 was like seeing for the first time and all that it offered.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I have been using a BB 8330. It had no service and was just a PDA for me. Also carried a flip phone. Annoying to have 2 devices all the time. G2 is heavy but lighter than 2 devices.

Carrier
    Cyanogenmod 9.1

I kinda want the G2 (it looks very nice, looks and specs). but I have a nexus one right now and it's doing just fine so I guess I'll wait.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,596 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

N1 is nice. G2 is faster (check out the OC thread in ROMs/Hacks).
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,596 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Edited title to encourage some discussion.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

BB 9700
    Long time smartphone users and hard core BB fan. Picked up a G2 to test compatibility and function with Google Apps (company just switched to).

It has been a month and I have not turned the BB back on since I left the T-Mobile store.

I gave up a Blackberry 8900. It was a good Phone but the G2 is soooo much more than a phone.

iPhone 3G. It's a slow piece of crap. Now I just gotta sell it and buy the G2, hopefully I'll have more money after christmas

Finally leaving my BlackBerry; & walking into the darkside.. Hello Android!

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Cyanogen 6.1

i had a bold 9700. was deciding between iphone 4 or g2.

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Cyanogenmod 7.2

Curve 8320, why did I leave well casuse it was a 8320 curve.

I lost my Nexus One in a cab while visiting family in NYC during the Christmas holiday (Engraved Garry J Murray on back) Anyway, I figured to make the most of my misfortune by replacing it with a Nexus S "upgrade" I went into Best Buy and had my first up close, hands on with the device and changed my mind. It is a light, plastic, cheap feeling phone. No HSPA+ (4G), NO SD memory, No deal!. It just reminded me of my sister's galaxy S. I instead went to T-mobile and picked up the finely designed, well crafted HTC G2. A beautiful phone that more closely resembles the Nexus One than the Nexus S does. Feature rich, wi-fi calling, mobile hotspot, 4G, physical keyboard, can expand to 32 GB. Best decision I could have made. I really WANTED to like the Nexus S, it just fell short in my opinion.

Carrier
    stock 2.2

Hi All,
    Am giving up my Nokia E71. I love the build quality of the phone, but I am so tired of the Symbian OS. Coming from the original Palm OS, it's nice to have a touchscreen again, and as my first Android phone, I spent 3 days mucking with things before I finally dropped in the SIM card. I really wanted a physical keyboard, and so far, I am liking the transition.
    What I don't like is the short battery life. I did condition the battery when the phone arrived, and have disabled wifi, gps and background sync. But wow, I wish there was a stronger battery out there!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast