What phone are you giving up for the G2? And why?

ScottieG59

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
My prior three phones were Blackberry with a 9700 being the most recent. The Blackberry is a great communications device and reasonably reliable. I also have the T-Mobile at home which gives me UMA without using minutes.

The issue I have with Blackberry is there is little in the area of interesting software available. Also, my old man eyes are starting to need a larger and brighter screen.

I was surprised about how well Android works, and with the unbelievable lack of an integrated spell checker, it may be the best mobile device operating system out there.

Now that I have seen what Android has, Blackberry will have little chance outside of adopting Android as their OS. If I get sick of the G2, there are many other choices that will not involve a platform change.

Last edited:

Calcappone

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I traded someone on craigslist a iPhone 3gs for a G2. I was thinking "why the hell would he trade a G2 for a 3gs" but he said he always wanted an iPhone. His loss is my new favorite toy. I have only one regret, android games cant compare to iPhone games

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I gave up the samsung vibrant. The screen is incredible but even with lag fix. I notice the g2 is still faster than the almighty hummingbird processor. My last straw was I needed gps where I needed it the most and it totally failed on me and froze the phone multiple times.
Samsung should be ashamed for a high end phone incapable of navigation. They need to hire a butt load of programmers if they want to keep their galaxy s customers. I was warned multiple times that samsung does not update their phones but I refused to believe it because they cannot possibly ignore their flagship model. Months go by and yes they ignored the gps problem and lagging on froyo. Goodbye vibrant, you were pleasant to look at but battery life and gps which is very critical feature in a smartphone was lagging.

G2 is the king of tmobile till mytouch comes out.

j_co

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Is the G2 worth switching from the Captivate? As a recent iphone convert, I love android but I find it a little frustrating that there are so few handsets running stock. Throw in the GPS issues and slow updates for Touchwiz and I'm thinking of trading it in for a G2.

wolfmon

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
LONG time Windows Mobile user giving up HTC Touch Pro II with WM6.5. Got the G2 a week ago and so far so good. Quite a learning curve though!:) I'm sure I will be asking plenty of questions on here. Oh, I already have one...How do you change camera settings like quality 3mp, 2mp...?

Magellan

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I am still deciding between the G2, Vibrant, and the MyTouch 4G coming out. I am leaning to the G2, and will be moving up from a G1.