What phone are you giving up for the G2? And why?
06-03-2011 10:48 PM
- Getting a G2 tomorrow evening...coming from MyTouch Slide and before that a G1.
The MTSlide was lost in the recent Christmas celebrations...actually, probably scooped up with the trash in the house...and the TMo insurance carrier provided the G2 as replacement. The MTslide was good but I was already outgrowing it a bit.
I am thoroughly looking forward to the G2 so far for:
- better external build quality ...Most definitely best built phone I've had. Even impressed with the keyboard "slide" mechanism as its much more solid and smooth than expected.
- Froyo onboard ...Still looking at the new capabilities but nice to have
- Faster operation (based on what I saw at the store) ...blazing fast compared to my MTSlide and old G1 experience...have HSPA coming in strong at the household thank goodness
- Simply seems a better phone vs the MTSlide and still small enough for pocket. Confirmed! Happy Camper here...must get screen preotector and skin ASAP to keep it that way.
Heavy user of gmail and calendar apps. Also lots of laptop use via Easy Tether. What are the thoughts for what else to look forward to on this model? (Didn't ever root before, may try something on this one eventually.)
UPDATE, 1/5/11: G2 up and running and holy smokes this thing is fast. Makes the MTSlide model feel like a temp phone.01-03-2011 11:50 AM
- A Blackberry 8300 was my first smartphone so when an upgrade came around I got the 8900. My 8900 kept messing up (trackball, screen) but I still loved the thing cause of the email. (Wasn't really a BBM user.) But being tired of having to get it repaired, I was convinced into getting a G2 and I've been in love ever since! And to think I wanted to get a Bb Torch next. Haha.01-09-2011 04:11 PM
- I left my 9780 for my g2 that my girl got for me. Yes I still miss the battery life and a lot of things, but overall with the g2 I can now do better browsing, the faster processor helps with everything, and the apps are pretty awesome.
Actually, I lied. My 9780 is always at my side. I still have to import numbers and it's a good mp3 player. = )01-19-2011 02:16 PM
- Just ordered three G2's. to replace a BB Curve, iPhone3 and a Razor. Three new G2's (one being a freebie upgrade) for $200 with activation fees waived.
Love TMO's pricing - even though I swore I would get a new Atrix or Thunderbolt, VZ and ATT are not (data) price friendly compared to TMO.
Hello Android.....can you say....Mnage trois01-21-2011 12:55 AM
- First post.... Gave up my G1 which was beginning to crawl (internet) and whenever I'd go to tap on a different app, the whole screen would slowly fade away and then realize it had something to do... I called customer support to help with this and they recommended the G2 (free of course). A day later, I called them back to take the deal and here I am. 2 days later!
The keyboard slide on the G1 is better than the G2.
The G2 keyboard lights up longer than the G1
The G1 had a special widget for FavFive and the G2 doesn't
So my only complaint would be the slide out keyboard which is more of a pain than the benefit of the larger screen01-23-2011 02:19 AM
- Had a B.Berry 8520 screen cracked, T mobile wanted 90.00 deductible to replace 15.00 part off amazon lcd kit which I will do myself and sell the 8520 . Seen G2 for free well sorta 18.00 upgrade fee plus 6.00 s&h 50.00 rebate still awesome deal been wanting a android phone for a while I'm the computer nerd /hacker in the family after all.
Had my G2 for a week now love it .01-26-2011 11:24 AM
- I gave up (well, about to sell my Blackberry Bold 9700) for G2. The biggest draw for me was the touchscreen AND physical keyboard. Being with Blackberry kinda spoiled me as far as the keyboard goes but their equivalent (Torch 9800) was out of my reach. I figured since I no longer got my work e-mails pushed to my Blackberry...and realized that the wireless leash would always be on me if I did, I'd make the jump and try Android. At this point (1.5 days in), I don't see myself going back. BB seems so archaic now.02-25-2011 11:48 AM
- I upgraded to a G2 after using a Nokia N73 for a long while. I've had Nokias as long as I've had cell phones...well I had use of a Sony Ericsson W810i, that was an okay phone. This is my first touchscreen phone and I love it! I still haven't opened all the apps on my phone yet... Eventually I'll get around to rooting and all that, but I'm just enjoying the phone for now and getting used to Android03-03-2011 05:54 AM
- Sony Ericsson K800
it was a great phone, if it didn't break I might've still kept it.
Pretty happy with my G2, but not as fast as is it could be. Sometimes I find myself waiting for the command to finish up, or sometimes I wait for the things I've just typed to appear... my old dumbphone was FAST! G2, good enough plus access to the WWW03-31-2011 11:51 AM
- I gave up my Bold 9700. Actually, I used the both of the devices daily, and made the switch about a week ago. I sold my Bold 9700.
I was a blackberry fan for a long time, but got tired of the slow reboots, bbm errors, ect.
I'm happy with my G2. I have it rooted and currently running Cyanogen 7 RC 4.04-01-2011 12:00 PM
- I gave up my Sidekick 2008 because I just needed a new phone with more features. Plus, the Sidekick started acting crazy and blanking out and the updates messed it all up.
I love my G2, but I sure do miss the battery life I had on the Sidekick along with the spell check.04-02-2011 09:58 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- T-Mobile G2
What phone are you giving up for the G2? And why?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD