What phone are you giving up for the G2? And why?

tazzy695

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
throwing my cliq mb200 through the wall for the g2 as my personal options were either the g2 or the mytouch 4g and the g2 wins due to the actual keyboard as I cant stand typing on a screen

Andrax

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
What phone are you giving up for the G2?

I dumped an evo and an epic and picked up two g2's. My wife was heartbroken to give up her epic, but I will say the g2 kicks the evo's ass in real world performance. The display is much improved as well. Its no super amoled, but very crisp with great colors.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

67jw

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
seeing for the first time

BlackBerry Pearl 8220 flip, the G2 was like seeing for the first time and all that it offered.

cliephoto

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I have been using a BB 8330. It had no service and was just a PDA for me. Also carried a flip phone. Annoying to have 2 devices all the time. G2 is heavy but lighter than 2 devices.

58Gemni

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
BB 9700
Long time smartphone users and hard core BB fan. Picked up a G2 to test compatibility and function with Google Apps (company just switched to).

It has been a month and I have not turned the BB back on since I left the T-Mobile store.

thatharlemkat

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I lost my Nexus One in a cab while visiting family in NYC during the Christmas holiday (Engraved Garry J Murray on back) Anyway, I figured to make the most of my misfortune by replacing it with a Nexus S "upgrade" I went into Best Buy and had my first up close, hands on with the device and changed my mind. It is a light, plastic, cheap feeling phone. No HSPA+ (4G), NO SD memory, No deal!. It just reminded me of my sister's galaxy S. I instead went to T-mobile and picked up the finely designed, well crafted HTC G2. A beautiful phone that more closely resembles the Nexus One than the Nexus S does. Feature rich, wi-fi calling, mobile hotspot, 4G, physical keyboard, can expand to 32 GB. Best decision I could have made. I really WANTED to like the Nexus S, it just fell short in my opinion.

motionmonk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,
Am giving up my Nokia E71. I love the build quality of the phone, but I am so tired of the Symbian OS. Coming from the original Palm OS, it's nice to have a touchscreen again, and as my first Android phone, I spent 3 days mucking with things before I finally dropped in the SIM card. I really wanted a physical keyboard, and so far, I am liking the transition.
What I don't like is the short battery life. I did condition the battery when the phone arrived, and have disabled wifi, gps and background sync. But wow, I wish there was a stronger battery out there!