Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Getting a G2 tomorrow evening...coming from MyTouch Slide and before that a G1.
    The MTSlide was lost in the recent Christmas celebrations...actually, probably scooped up with the trash in the house...and the TMo insurance carrier provided the G2 as replacement. The MTslide was good but I was already outgrowing it a bit.
    I am thoroughly looking forward to the G2 so far for:
    - better external build quality ...Most definitely best built phone I've had. Even impressed with the keyboard "slide" mechanism as its much more solid and smooth than expected.
    - Froyo onboard ...Still looking at the new capabilities but nice to have
    - Faster operation (based on what I saw at the store) ...blazing fast compared to my MTSlide and old G1 experience...have HSPA coming in strong at the household thank goodness
    - Simply seems a better phone vs the MTSlide and still small enough for pocket. Confirmed! Happy Camper here...must get screen preotector and skin ASAP to keep it that way.

Heavy user of gmail and calendar apps. Also lots of laptop use via Easy Tether. What are the thoughts for what else to look forward to on this model? (Didn't ever root before, may try something on this one eventually.)

UPDATE, 1/5/11: G2 up and running and holy smokes this thing is fast. Makes the MTSlide model feel like a temp phone.
    Last edited by Bowzer; 01-05-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Smile

I had a hd2, and I paid full price for the g2 on pre-order from Tmobile. I couldn't be happier with my g2. I have not considered another phone.

A Blackberry 8300 was my first smartphone so when an upgrade came around I got the 8900. My 8900 kept messing up (trackball, screen) but I still loved the thing cause of the email. (Wasn't really a BBM user.) But being tired of having to get it repaired, I was convinced into getting a G2 and I've been in love ever since! And to think I wanted to get a Bb Torch next. Haha.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest CM7 Nightly

Thumbs up left my iphone

Ive had two HTC Phones before both running hacked windows mobile ROMs but then i switched to the amazing iPhone 3gs and hacked the crap out of it!, but ive had the G2 for a little over three weeks and have already done more then i ever could've imagined!
    Want to make some easy extra dough for your Android purchases check here!
    http://adf.ly/28iTQ

I left my 9780 for my g2 that my girl got for me. Yes I still miss the battery life and a lot of things, but overall with the g2 I can now do better browsing, the faster processor helps with everything, and the apps are pretty awesome.

Actually, I lied. My 9780 is always at my side. I still have to import numbers and it's a good mp3 player. = )

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Just ordered three G2's. to replace a BB Curve, iPhone3 and a Razor. Three new G2's (one being a freebie upgrade) for $200 with activation fees waived.

Love TMO's pricing - even though I swore I would get a new Atrix or Thunderbolt, VZ and ATT are not (data) price friendly compared to TMO.

Hello Android.....can you say....Mnage trois

First post.... Gave up my G1 which was beginning to crawl (internet) and whenever I'd go to tap on a different app, the whole screen would slowly fade away and then realize it had something to do... I called customer support to help with this and they recommended the G2 (free of course). A day later, I called them back to take the deal and here I am. 2 days later!

The keyboard slide on the G1 is better than the G2.
    The G2 keyboard lights up longer than the G1
    The G1 had a special widget for FavFive and the G2 doesn't

So my only complaint would be the slide out keyboard which is more of a pain than the benefit of the larger screen

Had a B.Berry 8520 screen cracked, T mobile wanted 90.00 deductible to replace 15.00 part off amazon lcd kit which I will do myself and sell the 8520 . Seen G2 for free well sorta 18.00 upgrade fee plus 6.00 s&h 50.00 rebate still awesome deal been wanting a android phone for a while I'm the computer nerd /hacker in the family after all.
    Had my G2 for a week now love it .

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

I sold my Droid 2 for the G2. This thing is faster anne better overall.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I already gave up my droid incredible for the G2. Pretty much no carriers get no coverage where I am (verizon's is spotty here at best). WiFi Calling is a life saver.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I gave up (well, about to sell my Blackberry Bold 9700) for G2. The biggest draw for me was the touchscreen AND physical keyboard. Being with Blackberry kinda spoiled me as far as the keyboard goes but their equivalent (Torch 9800) was out of my reach. I figured since I no longer got my work e-mails pushed to my Blackberry...and realized that the wireless leash would always be on me if I did, I'd make the jump and try Android. At this point (1.5 days in), I don't see myself going back. BB seems so archaic now.

gave up iphone 4- have had iphone since they first came out and was quite tired of the same OS.. having a vanilla android phone is refreshing and the speed is great!

I upgraded to a G2 after using a Nokia N73 for a long while. I've had Nokias as long as I've had cell phones...well I had use of a Sony Ericsson W810i, that was an okay phone. This is my first touchscreen phone and I love it! I still haven't opened all the apps on my phone yet... Eventually I'll get around to rooting and all that, but I'm just enjoying the phone for now and getting used to Android

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9.1

I was lucky and found someone who was willing to trade for my nexus one. more internal storage and HSPA+ speeds. upgraded specs all around

Quote Originally Posted by cr3amy View Post
    Don't know if you can call it "giving up", more like "getting rid of" my G1
    I agree even modded with cm6 I couldn't tolerate my g1 any longer.

I escaped from a Wackberry 9700. Its just so outdated, and you wait and wait for an update just to recieve an update of old technology. Didnt move quik enough. And be prepared to pay a pretty penny for apps, and thats if its even available for a Wackberry.

I've been bouncing around different devices. I actually gave my daughter my vibrant and my husband my mytouch 4G. I started missing having a keyboard since I'm a long time bb user. I love the speed and ease of use.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    Leaked 2.3.4 Rom

Gave up a bricked MyTouch 3g, I still keep it around as a reminder of what not to do to my phone.

Thumbs up

Sony Ericsson K800
    it was a great phone, if it didn't break I might've still kept it.

Pretty happy with my G2, but not as fast as is it could be. Sometimes I find myself waiting for the command to finish up, or sometimes I wait for the things I've just typed to appear... my old dumbphone was FAST! G2, good enough plus access to the WWW

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I gave up my Bold 9700. Actually, I used the both of the devices daily, and made the switch about a week ago. I sold my Bold 9700.

I was a blackberry fan for a long time, but got tired of the slow reboots, bbm errors, ect.

I'm happy with my G2. I have it rooted and currently running Cyanogen 7 RC 4.

I gave up my Sidekick 2008 because I just needed a new phone with more features. Plus, the Sidekick started acting crazy and blanking out and the updates messed it all up.

I love my G2, but I sure do miss the battery life I had on the Sidekick along with the spell check.

i gave up my G1
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345