Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hinge problems

Have any of you guys or gals that have gotten the G2 early noticed any hinge problems as seen on this video at TMO News? (Updated) T-Mobile G2 Hinges Loose, Memory Problems Abound? | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more Is this really a problem or is it being blown out of proportion?

- Michael

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CNA 1.4.0

No issues here... Battery drains fairly quick but that can be from usage.

The hinge "issue" is a total non-issue. My hinge is quite springy and tight, but if I hold the phone upside down and force myself to only hold it by the bottom half (which is a very unnatural way to hold it, you naturally want to hold it by both halves), my phone does the same thing.

HTC could have avoided this "issue" by using stronger springs, but then it would have required more hand force to open and close, and it would have been much less responsive. Since no one will hold their phone that way in the real world, I can't imagine this issue will ever cause problems for anyone in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kludgineer View Post
    The hinge "issue" is a total non-issue. My hinge is quite springy and tight, but if I hold the phone upside down and force myself to only hold it by the bottom half (which is a very unnatural way to hold it, you naturally want to hold it by both halves), my phone does the same thing.

HTC could have avoided this "issue" by using stronger springs, but then it would have required more hand force to open and close, and it would have been much less responsive. Since no one will hold their phone that way in the real world, I can't imagine this issue will ever cause problems for anyone in the real world.
    Totally agree!!!

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Andromadus Mimicry

I believe the issue is with a thing called "Gravity". It seems to want to PULL things down, even when we want them to stay up. You're on notice gravity.

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoSpin View Post
    I believe the issue is with a thing called "Gravity". It seems to want to PULL things down, even when we want them to stay up. You're on notice gravity.