Facebook Sync

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys... last phone was a G1 so I'm not used to having Facebook Sync built-in with my phone. So I went to Accounts & Sync, added my Facebook account, and told it to only sync with Contacts already in my list.

Obviously, it was going to miss a few people (people without last names, etc.), but I figured it would be no big deal to manually link those accounts. Unfortunately... I can't. So how do I link "Alexandra" in my Gmail contacts with "Alexandra" from Facebook?

brianmat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I am going off the top of my head here, so bear with me:

Go to your Facebook contact and there should be a "merge" option under the menu. This will let you select a current contact to merge into your Facebook contact and combine them.

Reactions: barnettj

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Go to your Facebook contact and there should be a "merge" option under the menu. This will let you select a current contact to merge into your Facebook contact and combine them.

Yeah, there's a "Join" button that does it. My issue is that the only Contacts it's found for me are ones that it thinks are already in my phone... so how do I get to see my FB contacts so I can join them?

Edit: Ok, I did this: Contacts > Menu > Display Options > (choose my Facebook account) > Check "All Contacts". I'll then Join the people that are missing, then unselect "All Contacts".

You may not have instructed me exactly, but thanks for the inspiration I needed to figure it out!

Reactions: barnettj

allyn274

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, there's a "Join" button that does it. My issue is that the only Contacts it's found for me are ones that it thinks are already in my phone... so how do I get to see my FB contacts so I can join them?

Edit: Ok, I did this: Contacts > Menu > Display Options > (choose my Facebook account) > Check "All Contacts". I'll then Join the people that are missing, then unselect "All Contacts".

You may not have instructed me exactly, but thanks for the inspiration I needed to figure it out!

Hi sorry - also new to this. What do you mean about "joining" the others? I was about to follow your instructions just fine until the "Join the people that are missing part..."

Thanks!

barnettj

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Thank you so much cr3amy. I had been trying to figure out how to sync contacts with my Facebook contacts individually. I don't think we had the exact same goal, but you definitely showed me the way.
allyn274, to join, do this: when you open a contact, go menu-edit contact-menu(again)-join. Then you can pick the contact you want to join it with.

Reactions: MAC20

barnettj

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

Hey man, didn't mean to leave you out. You also answered my question. Thanks a bunch.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi sorry - also new to this. What do you mean about "joining" the others? I was about to follow your instructions just fine until the "Join the people that are missing part..."
Sorry I didn't explain better, but barnettj explains it right here:

allyn274, to join, do this: when you open a contact, go menu-edit contact-menu(again)-join. Then you can pick the contact you want to join it with.
If you still can't figure it out, let us know.

Thank you so much cr3amy. I had been trying to figure out how to sync contacts with my Facebook contacts individually. I don't think we had the exact same goal, but you definitely showed me the way.
For sure dude. The auto-join feature can be a godsend sometimes, but it can also be incredibly stupid other times. Wish there was a simpler way to join them individually though. As it is, it takes wayyy too long.

allyn274

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

Sorry I didn't explain better, but barnettj explains it right here:

If you still can't figure it out, let us know.

barnettj/cr3amy - thanks so much! I have SO many tips and tricks to learn on Android... All the little menus! This worked beautifully and makes perfect sense. Thanks again! :D

barnettj

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
barnettj/cr3amy - thanks so much! I have SO many tips and tricks to learn on Android... All the little menus! This worked beautifully and makes perfect sense. Thanks again! :D

Yeah I was away from Android for six months, so I'm re-learning what I knew before, when I was on 1.6 and trying to figure out Froyo and a new phone. But I love the learning process. Its fun to me. I'm really enjoying this G2. I started to wait and check out the MTDH, but I couldn't take another day of Windows Mobile. I'll never leave Android again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane