Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Adding pauses to phone numbers

Folks, I have read through all the postings I can find about how to add a pause to a number and the majority of folks indicate that entering a comma will cause the dialer to pause before dialing the rest of the numbers. I'm using a G2 and this has not worked for me.

I tried using the letter w (for wait) or p (for pause) as some people have suggested, but that also doesn't work. I get a message "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" when I dial the number.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

use a comma... i believe each comma is 3 or 5 seconds... i just used a number yesterday with pauses for my bank... and it works just had to tweak it cause i had the same number on my Blackberry and for some reason the pause time between the 2 phones are different.
    Mac20
    (CompTIA Network+ Securtiy+ Certified)
    Current: Samsung Galaxy S II (T989) Next: Samsung Galaxy Note
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

OK, it actually works with the commas. What threw me off was the absence of dial tones after the pause. It seems they being sent "silently." Thanks.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

no problem, anytime
    Mac20
    (CompTIA Network+ Securtiy+ Certified)
    Current: Samsung Galaxy S II (T989) Next: Samsung Galaxy Note