G2 Teathering

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Both pdanet and easy tether have been confirmed to work. Honestly I would just download Visionary and get one-click temp root that way you can install wireless tether and wired tether apps. Just do a google search to find those. It takes 2 minutes to do it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I second that, while fast, it is NOT a good replacement for a home network. And who knows what T-Mobile will do if they start charging for tethering, may put some crazy unheard of safeguard in place.

jstevens74

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Question about wireless tether...First off im new to android and have had the G2 for about a week. (i work to much to have taken care of this right away) i rooted using visionary and installed wireless tether. Now the problem...speedtest just on the phone show about 3.8 adverage Mbps but when i use wireless tether says connected at 24Mbps but speed test show only about .75Mbps (speedtest.net) My bars are full and labled "H". I had att and on the nokia n97 when wireless tethered i was getting almost 2Mbps again using speedtest.net. Any ideas why its slow slow when tethered? or how to fix it???? Thanks!

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
i just plugged it into my computer and selected the options to tether and wireless hotspot in the wireless and networks setting in the setting menu. havent seen any charge from tmo yet. and im guessing as long as i keep it under 5gb they wont know or care

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
not sure about that. idk if there is there any way to tell the difference between using the internet on your phone and using your phone as a modem. i didnt get charged when i was using my bb, and when it was brought up on crackberry, the consensus was that as long as you stay under the 5gb cap you should be alight. even tmo cs reps were saying that as i recall.

jstevens74

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
not sure about that. idk if there is there any way to tell the difference between using the internet on your phone and using your phone as a modem. i didnt get charged when i was using my bb, and when it was brought up on crackberry, the consensus was that as long as you stay under the 5gb cap you should be alight. even tmo cs reps were saying that as i recall.

My main problem is the speed. its terrible when tethered using TMO built in wifi or android wifi or usb...drops below 1Mbps....

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
ive never had issues with speed as long as i was using hspa or hspa+, but im not trying to download much, just light web surfing. if you need something faster you should probably just wait till you can get a good wifi signal thats open

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03