Does the G2 have wife calling NOW??

outrun

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
My dad wants to get the G2. But he needs wifi calling. He called and spoke to someone at t-mobile today and they said that it already works but it is not supported. This true?

Last edited:

outrun

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
My G2 definitely has wife calling.

Haven't seen any way to enable wifi calling, though.

LOL :) That is just about how my day went today. Long day.

Ok thanks for letting me know. The t-mobile rep on the phone told my dad that it would work just fine. That all he had to do was enter the correct wep key. I was like that sounds like wifi not wifi calling.

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Not yet but I have a feeling it will be very soon considering they just released the tethering price plan which was enabled in the test otas that a few received along with wifi calling. Could be any day now. More likely after the mytouch 4g is shipped.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Nissan4LIFE

Oct 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
Aargh that is just too frustrating that they cannot give anyone a straight answer which is why I had to send my G2 back today for the new MyTouch 4G which WILL have WiFi calling. The G2 still doesn't have an update out to enable the feature with the exception of a few beta testers. Most likely it will come out 2 weeks after the MyTouch 4G is released knowing TMO's track record.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Aargh that is just too frustrating that they cannot give anyone a straight answer which is why I had to send my G2 back today for the new MyTouch 4G which WILL have WiFi calling. The G2 still doesn't have an update out to enable the feature with the exception of a few beta testers. Most likely it will come out 2 weeks after the MyTouch 4G is released knowing TMO's track record.

Who's not giving you a straight answer?

- The phone doesn't currently have Wifi calling
- The phone is capable of Wifi calling
- The phone will be getting Wifi calling soon
- There is no release date, but it's expected to be out very, very soon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay