Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Rra

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default Save apps to SD card

What is the best way to go about saving your apps to the SD card? Or, maybe I should ask if it is even possible to do without root on the G2? If it is possible without root, is there an app to save apps to the SD?

Just got my G2, and this is my first android so it is a little bit of a learning curve.

Thanks

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Go into settings-applications-manage applications and click on the one you want to save on the sd carrd and it should have an option for it, but some applications don't allow that.

What frank said but I'm not entirely sure in what you are asking. You can run apps from sd card which frank is pointing to and you may also backup and save apps to your sd card in order for you to restore your apps and data. Titanium backup and mybackup pro are great apps for that. Titanium will require root (just install and run visionary).

Not sure if that is what you were looking for but someone else may be so I figured I give this info as well.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

App 2 SD is a very easy way to move apps to the SD card. I also use, but have not had to execute the mybackup, but I hear is good for backing up your apps. But without App 2 SD you sort of have to go through each app as frank described to figure out which ones can be moved to the SD card, App 2 SD tells you upfront and allows you to move them from the app.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Rra

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Thanks for the responses, I got it done.

I would also like to do what legendary 1022 mentioned.... Do you know of a tutorial to run Titanium or Mybackup after a temp root or it is pretty straight forward... For that matter, I need to find out how to work visionary but I am pretty sure that will be easy to find. There seems to be a lot of info on visionary out there.

Thanks..

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

(lets say it is possible to move a certain app) does moving the app from your phone to an SD card affect the way the app works? i read somewhere that it causes lag or issues when using a moved app.