1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default Student Discount on G2

Only for college students on this site

10% on qualifying monthly recurring charges for new and existing customers (includes voice, text & e-mail services)*exclusions apply
    Waived Activation Fees ($35 savings per line)
    Free 2 Day Shipping
    FREE Bluetooth Headset or FREE car charger with selected device through 866# only

Works with the G2 and Vibrant for sure, maybe others
    Thanked by 2:

Is this deal only available online? Sounds interesting
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

The deal is online but the ordering process is with T Mobile customer service. Studentrate is running Holiday Specials with a list of buy one get one free devices.

This is how the deal works-
    New Customers:
    Contact 866-464-8662 option 3 and give a promo code (it's on the Studentrate deal at . You must state you are a member of StudentRate to get these discounts (you school name will not get you the appropriate discounts) OR
    Login to your studentrate.com account (if you are not a member please sign-up registration is free) and Click on 'Click for Link',
    Click on the T-Mobile/StudentRate branded web site

Existing Customers eligible for 10% discount on qualifying plans:
    Login to your studentrate.com account (if you are not a member please sign-up registration is free).
    Click on 'Click for Link',
    Click on the T-Mobile/StudentRate branded web site and select the migration form under current customers to fill out and submit

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 6.1 Stable

I got the student discount in the store when I got my Vibrant and G2. The waiving of the activation fee was nice when going to EM+. I don't mind not having the discount on the monthly rate.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Banned

Obviously it's only 10% ... but I need all the savings I can get. I kind of wish I waited and got the MyTouch, it was BOGO free too
    Banned

It is an awesome deal. We just switched to Tmobile with a family plan and the discount applied to all of our lines. A bunch of devices are BOGO free like the Mytouch, the Vibrant, etc...
    Thanked by:

That seems like a really great deal... I am definitely going to check that out! thanks
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Banned

The latest update on this deal!

Contact 866-464-8662 option 3 and give promo code 13997TMOFAV. You must state you are a member of StudentRate to get these discounts. Have your Student ID ready.

• 10% on qualifying monthly recurring charges for new and existing customers (includes voice, text & e-mail services)*exclusions apply
    Will extend contract by 2 years
    • Waived Activation Fees ($35 savings per line)
    • Free 2 Day Shipping
    • FREE car charger with selected device through 866# only
    • FREE and/or Discount Devices with new activation

Really?!? I thought this discount was gone for good. I called to open an account for my son and couldn't get 23% so I might have to give it a shot
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AnaD443 View Post
    Can I get this deal in store?
    No, you have to call 866-464-8662 and select option 3 and give the promo code 13997TMOFAV. You must state you are a member of StudentRate to get these discounts. Have your Student ID ready.