OTA Rolling Out

Magellan

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I just got my G2 yesterday and I received the OTA immediately. I have a better signal than any other phone in the family, even my olf G1. I think they nailed it.

RevMen

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine came yesterday morning. I haven't tried WiFi calling because I haven't had any trouble getting a good phone connection yet.

Dzeimsas

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
One gripe I do have though, is that the physical keyboard is becoming more and more unnecessary and after a month I haven't gotten used to it yet. If the G1 keyboard was a 10, this keyboard is like a 5 or 6.

You will get used to it. I also upgraded from a G1 so I know there seems to be a bit of a learning curve. For me it was having to hit the "ALT" key to enter in numbers and I kept hitting "Enter" when I was used to it being the "Delete" btn! Argh! :confused:

I pre-ordered mine in late September and got mine the fiirst week in October if I rememebr correctly. So I have had time to adjust, I believe I can honestly say that I have the new keyboard down 100%... Just keep that thumb on the "ALT" key! ;)

Dzeimsas

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Happy Wednesday!

I got my OTA update this morning on my way to work. I need to do some research though to see what improvements and/or changes have been made with this update. If anybody has a link or some info, I would appreciate that.

After my phone rebooted it stated that the new current version is 1.22.531.8. I will have to look into that as well. :cool:

Dzeimsas

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... After looking at my settings my did not upgrade to 2.3 (Gingerbread). It still shows my Android Version as 2.2. The 1.22.531.8 appears to be just a new build number.

Has anyone else experienced this or a similar issue?

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... After looking at my settings my did not upgrade to 2.3 (Gingerbread). It still shows my Android Version as 2.2. The 1.22.531.8 appears to be just a new build number.

Has anyone else experienced this or a similar issue?

The update was not to 2.3, just general bug fixes and wifi calling. Not even the nexus has gingerbread yet.

JenniferBanks

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I got my G2 in March. I frequently checked on the system updates setting if an update was available, but it never showed that one was, until just a few days ago. I'm finally installing the 1.22.531.8 update now. (Fingers crossed it works...)