general question

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
so i just upgraded from a 9700 to the g2. ill get it in a week or so. can anyone offer any advice or tips on how to get the most out of the phone, or things to help a convert like me? thanks for any assistance. btw i did search both the t mobile forum and this one for any kind of tips and tricks.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Get familiar with the device as is before rooting and flashing. Three are tons of apps, try the demo or free ones and then buy the full function ones. Remember, if you do buy an app and do not like it or it does not run, uninstall it before 24hrs are up for a refund.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the help. one more question. how do you resend service books or reinstall the stock os if you screw something up? i havent tried to root the phone or flash it either. its more just curiosity at this point

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the help. one more question. how do you resend service books or reinstall the stock os if you screw something up? i havent tried to root the phone or flash it either. its more just curiosity at this point

You would have to use the RUU. I haven't seen a step by step yet, though.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Oh good ole blackberry. I remember the times when we had to get service books. You don't need to resend service books on android ever. Android doesn't have their own servers. What they do have is apn settings for you to connect to the web. If you haven't root your G2 its practically impossible to screw up as a reboot restores everything as it should. Its either a bug or a feature but yeah, pretty much impossible to brick without root.

Sent from my HTC Vision

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
sweet! thanks. has anyone run into problems with smrtguard killing your battery? it was eating mine alive. so im stuck without a security program. would have gotten lookout, but there were a few comments about it killing the battery too and mobile defense isnt open for download

robbinsgj

Jan 25, 2010
www.gerryisms.com
I use lookout instead of Smart Guard and have not noticed any kind of battery drain. I'm still not too sure about the need for it though. I think Where's My Droid is much more important than scanning the apps. I've never heard of anyone getting a virus on their Android phone especially since it is a Linux Kernel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze