trouble watching video on G2

huesos350

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
i waited for the G2 to be released and as soon as my contract with verizon.. so now i try to enter sites to watch anime, tv shows, etc.. and it take 5 mins to load 5 secs worth of video.. it took me an hour to watch a 30 sec commercial.. hell even on my old dare.. it would play for at least 7 mins before it needed to load more video.. i am truely disappointed with tmobile.. or maybe im just expecting too much?? i dont know, my wifes crappy iphone plays the videos (or has apps to enable it) & i just dont want an iphone but the apps are there.. will android catch up?? am i doing something wrong??

i know i ranted a little, but now i am asking for some feedback from other G2 users on there ability to watch videos online.. streaming directly from a website like the lasted episode of Top Gear for example.. any ideas??

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had too many problems but almost everything I watch on my phone is the occasional YouTube video. Try to reinstall flash, but honestly, you more likely are not going to be that thrilled watching flash tv shows on your phone. See if you can download them and watch using rockplayer or similar apps

Sent from my HTC Vision

huesos350

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
wells its a whole ten days since my last post.. heres an update:

i went to LA last week and boy does HSPA make a differnce. i was able to watch youtube videos, and some anime without to much waiting for load times. it was actually pleasing and i enjoyed the phone even more. was able to use the google directions app, and at first was a little lost (due to better half yelling in my ear that i was fault for being lost when she was the one navigating) after a few mins i got my bearings and found it to be more usefull than the verizon navigator (quicker to get to directions and able to turn on/off layers).

i also installed the realplayer app, and ahve loaded a few movies to phone, very nice.

[Agian, this is compared to my LG VZ9700 aka Dare]

huesos350

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE:.. i am starting to believe its just the service area i live in, (not a big city) and well im just gonna have to live with the crappy service here. i droped calles (wich i dont make many of) lost connection, and have to endure an hour of down load time to watch a few mins of youtube.. :(