1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Network drops

Odd issue here.. I have a G2 running 2.2 .. At times the network will drop, and stay down. if I reboot the phone, it comes back up ok. I have been unable to find any referece to a bug that might be causing this. Any ideas?

Global Posts
    2,312 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen Nightlies

Default Not seeing this myself

I'm in Seattle and not seeing this, if you are talking about edge or 3g cell network. Also not seeing network drops on WiFi either.

Running 2.2 as well.

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Haven't been seeing this in LA, but it shouldn't be happening.

Btw, if you switch to airplane mode and back it'll be quicker than a full reboot. Good luck finding a permanent solution. You don't like in a rural area right?

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I was having that same issue about two weeks ago, and then it just went away, and now I have full bars. I just assumed that it was a messed up cell tower or something.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

For all you G2 owners, I experienced this on my MyTouch 4G today. It seems like T-mo's HSPA+ network might be having some growing pains.

Default same problem

I have been having the same issues here. I live about an hour south of Twin Cities in MN I am right on the edge of Hspda coverage and reboot on average 2-3 times a day if I am not on WiFi.

Happens to me as well.... I just figure its due to the airplanes overhead as I live under the flightpath of Orlando International Airport.

ROM
    ICS 4.0.3

I'm sounding off to confirm that its not a device issue. I've seen this happen often on my G2, and when I broke it and fell back to my Mytouch 3G it still happened. Now that I have the replacement G2 it still happens.

For me it occurs when commuting home in the greater SoCal region, I pass through an area of non HSPA coverage. In fact I lose coverage for seconds at a time (mountainous area). Once I return to an area of rich coverage its still not there.

I have discovered that it only affects data and not phone calls or text. I have received calls and text while the devices were not showing the E and H icon respectively. Its random for me, no telling when it will drop the data connection.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I'm having the same problem here. I work in Bloomington, Minnesota where HSPA+ coverage is excellent. The data "H" icon would sometimes disappear all together, or it would time out and the icon would show that it's stuck only transmitting data all the time. No downlink whatsoever. I've called T-Mobile about this numerous times. Now they've finally taken my complaint to the Engineering level. I'll get a callback sometime in the future to see if the engineers find anything wrong with the towers around the area I work.

So far I like the G2, but I'm seriously starting to like the BlackBerry Bold 9780 better since it has the revamped BBOS6. I played with it at the T-Mobile store today in Plymouth. I liked it a lot. Too bad I still need to pay off the full price of my G2 since I'm on the Even More Plus plan. I'm thinking about trading my G2 for a 9780..