Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

Default International Capability

Hello, all. This is my first post in the Android forums but I have historically been an avid Crackberry user about to jump to my first Android from an unlocked BB Torch on Tmobile. However, when checking out the phone on TMobile's site, it is unchecked under "international." I use my BB phones internationally - sometimes on UMA/wifi but other times just paying for the roaming data. Does this phone have that capability?

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Andromadus Mimicry

Wow, I'm actually not sure. This seems like a question that t-mobile support could help with though.

There's really no reason it shouldn't. I'm getting ready to make a trip overseas and since my Android phones are still basically new, i'm not sure if I will be able to get them unlocked in time for free by tmo, so I'll have to go elsewhere to have it done, which will cost me money. :-(
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kyleresq View Post
    Hello, all. This is my first post in the Android forums but I have historically been an avid Crackberry user about to jump to my first Android from an unlocked BB Torch on Tmobile. However, when checking out the phone on TMobile's site, it is unchecked under "international." I use my BB phones internationally - sometimes on UMA/wifi but other times just paying for the roaming data. Does this phone have that capability?
    G2 is WiFi-calling capable. Would there be any restriction of that function while in traveling outside the US? The most reliable answer would come direct from TMO.

yes the phone is international capable because it is a GSM device. You probably wont be on 3G in most areas but you may be able to get a pay as you go SIM so that you are not paying huge roaming fees.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

You're welcome.