Is there a way to program custom keys for home and back?

graffixnyc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My daughter's Slide 3g has a home button and back button on her qwerty keyboard. I noticed that the G2 doesnt have these keys but has 3 keys you can program. Can you set one of these keys to call the home screen and another as a back button?

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can but I doubt if you can without root (sorry but I haven't been on a stock rom in a long time). I have found that you will need launcherpro and cyanogenmod (again its what i use and havent tested another way) In cyanogenmod you can choose the quick keys settings. From there you need to select launcherpro activities, scroll down to launcherpro and select the launcher pro apk from the list. This will launch launcherpro everytime you hit the button, essentially making it a home button. I haven't found a way yet for back.

Sent from my HTC Vision

graffixnyc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'm using a rooted G2 but I'm running the virtuous ROM with sense(I like sense a lot) I just got my phone today (first android after coming from BB for over 5 years) and as soon as I took it out of the box I rooted it, loaded the custom rom, overclocked it and have everything set up nicely. If I could just have a home and back button on my keyboard I'd be in bliss ;)