i NEED to upgrade early

flysolo

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
i want to upgrae to a G2 very badly. unfortunately i dont have a ugrade on any of my 5 lines. i have been with tmobile 5+ years. i worked for sprint and know for a fact that it only takes a "click" of a button more or less to set it so a person can upgrade. my question is if tmobile wll honor this? or if anyone has had a similar experience and can help with how to go about talking to them.

backbeat

Banned
Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
i want to upgrae to a G2 very badly. unfortunately i dont have a ugrade on any of my 5 lines. i have been with tmobile 5+ years. i worked for sprint and know for a fact that it only takes a "click" of a button more or less to set it so a person can upgrade. my question is if tmobile wll honor this? or if anyone has had a similar experience and can help with how to go about talking to them.

Get out your checkbook. Tmobile will do like every other carrier and charge you what they can, according to their policies (and according to the agreement you gave consent to) for the upgrade. That's just business in the big city.

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Like the poster above me stated, you are likely going to have to pay. That is why I have the even more plus plan, I want a new device, I buy it outright. Then I can recoup some by selling my device on eBay. I'm an early adopter to a fault, so I get pretty fair prices off my used stuff. You can try that road if you like. Better then being stuck on a contract and the pricing is pretty good month to month.

Sent from my HTC Vision

cltatenza

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a G2 with a mugen extended battery and otterbox commuter for sale. Pm me if your interested.

I also have a mytouch 4g for sale with same accessories. My wife and I just switched to verizon.

Sent from Droid Charge using Tapatalk

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

At this point in the game, I wouldn't even think about upgrading to a G2 from the carrier. So even if they go for everything you say and offer an upgrade early, their upgrade price will be the usual $200. You can buy one used in perfect condition online for $200, or less if you want one thats a little older.

Just don't waste your time or pay for one directly from T-mobile. The phone is 9+ months old, and not worth the MSRP they're going to charge you, even with an upgrade discount.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis