Power Saving Connection Issues?

beerdini

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine got the T-Mobile G2 on the recommendations of several of her friends who have the same phone. Since I'm the "tech guy" I've been asked about some problems that she's been having that I've tried everything that I can think of and am stumped.

What is happening is that when the phone has been off for a while, WiFi and the carrier radio keep appearing to go "off" and need to be reconnected after waking the phone back up. The local WiFi connection requires a browser login, so I recommended trying the Wifi Browser Login app, and using Spare Parts to turn the WiFi sleep policy to never. Neither app seems to have helped.

Is there anything else to try before taking it back to the store? It is not a rooted phone with no intention of rooting, so please keep that in mind for any suggestions. Thanks!

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... So her cellular radio and wifi turn off during sleep? Wifi turning off is not unheard of, apps like wifi keep alive help but some people still have problems. As for the radio, that's the first I have ever heard of it. I would wait and see if anyone else has any suggestions (you may even want to post over at xda and in the general android help section here).

Then the cure all for wonkiness is a factory data reset, but that should be a last resort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance