Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Two email questions for G2

First, is there a way to save emails in created folders to keep them from disappearing when emails are downloaded to my computer from the mail server? I can't see a way to create folders within email, so they just disappear.
    Second -- is there a way to "select all" emails in a particular inbox to delete them without clicking each one individually and then clicking each one individually again in the trash folder?

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Leaked 2.3.4 Rom

I think that if you create the folders on your server and then move them will work. I don't believe the stock email app has the ability to do that, but K-9 mail in the market does. Just found this out

In the e-mail app, menu > delete then press menu again and it'll ask if you want to delete all.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by lynstks View Post
    First, is there a way to save emails in created folders to keep them from disappearing when emails are downloaded to my computer from the mail server? I can't see a way to create folders within email, so they just disappear.
    Second -- is there a way to "select all" emails in a particular inbox to delete them without clicking each one individually and then clicking each one individually again in the trash folder?
    I created folders on the server, but they don't appear on the G-2. How can you move them? I don't have access to the android system itself, only to the SD card,
    As for deleting emails, "delete all" or "select all" is never an option anywhere, but "unselect all" is. Go figure.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: Two email questions for G2

What the e-mail app does, is pull all the mail on the server and present it to you.
    When you open your email client on your computer, it pulls AND deletes the mail on the server, and that is why it will dissapear on your phone.
    What you can do, is check the client settings in your computer, and set it to not delete the mails on the server when pulled. But by doing this, you'll have to delete the mails on the server from time to time in orther to free up some space.