"Sorry! The application ***(process com.android.***) has stopped

joestrummer79

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone! I've been getting this message when I try to go into my messages or my settings:

"Sorry! The application settings/messages (process com.android.settings/messages) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

It will show me my messages but when I click on one of them in gives me the error. The settings is extremely frustrating cuz I can't even uninstall anything to see if it will help.

I'm using a stock t-mo g2x (only a month old). Already tried multiple soft/hard pulls, taking out the sim card, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing the data for the messaging app. Go to settings> applications > manage applications > find messaging and clear data. This might cause you to lose your texts. I'm not sure. To back them up get sms backup/restore from the market and back them up.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

joestrummer79

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: "Sorry! The application ***(process com.android.***) has stop

See that's just it. It wouldn't even let me into the settings. When I press it that's one of the times it gives me the message. I called Tmo and they just told me how to do a reset on the phone so I'll see if that works. It's weird tho cuz the last thing I was doing was using RemoteDroid, which acts like a wifi mouse for the computer, then I plugged my phone in and it started doing this. It looked like it erased an app off of my menu, my digital clock app lost its avatar picture and the settings got tweeked (also forces close and tells me I have to re-download from amazon), and the dolphin hd browser stopped working and the icon was replaced with an android icon, and the name changed to something weird...

So I did the factory reset and it seems to have gotten it goin again, but I did lose some apps...I'll see how well this holds up.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe remotedroid caused the problems. Wouldn't know for sure until you get rid of it and see.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Are you using a "task killer" app by any chance?

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Would that help, or make it worse?

Neither. Here is why I asked. I had a similar issue as you. I was getting a Lge.com or something like error which was not allowing me to get data recepction. After calling T-Mobile and goinn through the motions with them on trying to correct the issue nothing was resloved until I did a factory reset. I then realized that I had caused the issue. How? Well I have a task killer on my phone. I always used to see all these programs and processes running on my phone. I made the mistake of force closing that process which then caused my data reception on my device to crash. It sounds like a factory reset might be what you might need to do and see what happens.

Jeremy.jessup186

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

Neither. Here is why I asked. I had a similar issue as you. I was getting a Lge.com or something like error which was not allowing me to get data recepction. After calling T-Mobile and goinn through the motions with them on trying to correct the issue nothing was resloved until I did a factory reset. I then realized that I had caused the issue. How? Well I have a task killer on my phone. I always used to see all these programs and processes running on my phone. I made the mistake of force closing that process which then caused my data reception on my device to crash. It sounds like a factory reset might be what you might need to do and see what happens.

I did a factory reset 2 times. The first time i didn't format usb device, this didn't resolve the issue. The second time I did format the usb device, still getting error message. I was using Advance Task Killer, killed apps and then wifi stopped working. any help would be great as it sux not being able to use Wifi. I just bought the Skyrocket so i'm always on the web burning through my data plan.

SusanK60

May 5, 2012
Visit site

I have the T-Mobile LG phone and when I go to settings>sound>volume...it gives me the very same msg..."sorry****the application (process.com.android.settings) has stopped running". Geez!!! I need to turn up the volume on my notifications. I always turn the volume down at night and turn it back up in the morning. I've never had this problem until now. I tried resetting by removing the battery and starting it back up...but didn't work.

amirul_shah

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
when i click to wifi setting its says 'the application settings (processcom.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly.please try again.' Quick help

kingiddriss

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
hello i would like u to help me out.. i just got this HTC one x but my settings wouldn't open.. i have tried almost everything and i cant seem to find anything online that would help me..if i try to open then it tells me.. "Unfortunately, the process.com.android.settings has stopped".. i dnt know what to do..plz help me..

rsm azharuddin

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
i have rooted my phone after rooting when i go to open dr driving game & play store it is not opening what can i do please help me i am also getting the same massage what given in subject.
thanks.:':)'

Bhavin Champaneri

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone! I've been getting this message when I try to go into my messages or my settings:

"Sorry! The application settings/messages (process com.android.settings/messages) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

It will show me my messages but when I click on one of them in gives me the error. The settings is extremely frustrating cuz I can't even uninstall anything to see if it will help.

I'm using a stock t-mo g2x (only a month old). Already tried multiple soft/hard pulls, taking out the sim card, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol