I do not want to update ..

3Dirty#AC

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Quick question .. My phone did download the OTA update, but after reading some reviews, etc with the downgraded camera app I do not want to update to GingerBread .. Now I have the notification on the notification bar that my phone is ready "To Update" .. I can't find a way to clear it .. Anyone have any ideas .. Driving me batty ..

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Why would you not want to update. 2.3 does wonders for the phone. Personally I think giving up the upgrading because of wanting the old camera app is really a disservice. The many benefits of GB really outweigh downgraded camera app IMO.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You can also get the froyo camera that's 90% working on gingerbread at xda. They are still polishing it but the feedback so far is mostly positive.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

ecdysiast

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Quick question .. My phone did download the OTA update, but after reading some reviews, etc with the downgraded camera app I do not want to update to GingerBread .. Now I have the notification on the notification bar that my phone is ready "To Update" .. I can't find a way to clear it .. Anyone have any ideas .. Driving me batty ..
I have the same problem with my Nexus One. I'm happy with 2.2.1 and don't want to update. After a lot of searching I concluded that nothing can be done about the notice that update is available. So I ignore it.

jackbox

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Jeez. Gingerbread improves performance as Froyo isn't optimized for dual core devices. And to the last poster above, I have a Nexus One also and the GB update made it even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781