Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default quick question

I have looked and have been unable to find what I'm looking for. I'm trying to find out if there's a way to force the gingerbread software update on my g2x with rooting?

Carrier
    Whatever google wants...

Default Re: quick question

I do not think rooting is still possible with GB yet on the G2X. Once you upgrade, unrooting happens and I don't believe there is a way to stop that at the moment.

Does gingerbreak not support the g2x?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Carrier
    Whatever google wants...

I don't believe it does yet with GB. I could be wrong.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,688 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

But you can flash Clockwork with NvFlash and then flash an already rooted ROM.

+BrittanYnStepheN - There are many options for ROMs that already have root and are based on the official Gingerbread release. Just use one of those and you won't lose root.

Carrier
    Stock ROM, rooted

Use the LGUpdater to update the phone, and then like Kevin said, flash CWM with nvflash and there's a rooted version of the update available on xda-developers.

That will give you the new baseband, root and the update. On a side note, you need to have the stock froyo rom loaded to use LGUpdater. You can be rooted, but you have to have the stock rom.