Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Ice cream sandwich.....is availiable?

i cant wait to see how it comes out once some one has it for our phones.
    LG G2x

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

It amazes me how long it takes for official builds, this is my only gripe about Android phones too. There's so many coming out now and days that you can have the hottest phone and the next day its EOL lol. Plus they want to charge $300 for phones on 2 year contracts, like come on mannnn.

But to keep on topic I hope T-Mo puts out a offical build, its not likely but they owe loyal customers something and it would be nice to see some official thats not buggy as hell... All I can say is thank god for the great developer community so that we can make our phones feel fresh again!
    All Google.

The only reason it takes so long is because carriers refuse to use stock Android and let the hardware sell phones, and instead they put their own buggy software on top of it. They have to get it working with their own junk before they can release it.

ROM
    Whatever google wants...

Quote Originally Posted by JFetch View Post
    The only reason it takes so long is because carriers refuse to use stock Android and let the hardware sell phones, and instead they put their own buggy software on top of it. They have to get it working with their own junk before they can release it.
    But this is what annoy me about this phone and a response like yours.... No offense.... But I bought this phone because it was sold to me as a plain vanilla Android phone with no oem skin on it..... Thus updating should be much easier..... I understand if it were to have sense or motoblur... Then that takes time to work bugs out. But plain ol Android taking this long? What gives.... For this I should have gone with a heavily skinned version of Android on an htc or moto device.
    Last edited by rizzman; 02-24-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    giffer likes this.

ROM
    Whatever google wants...

Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    You're not joking there!
    Same here. If there only a way to get an unlocked gsm version of the phone to run on tmo 4G bands, I would have ditched this phone months ago... Still hoping it will land for tmo.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzman View Post
    But this is what annoy me about this phone and a response like yours.... No offense.... But I bought this phone because it was sold to me as a plain vanilla Android phone with no oem skin on it..... Thus updating should be much easier..... I understand if it were to have sense or motoblur... Then that takes time to work bugs out. But plain ol Android taking this long? What gives.... For this I should have gone with a heavily skinned version of Android on an htc or moto device.
    I thought the same thing when I bought it. We all got suckered. LG stopped supporting it almost the moment they released it.
    cordsig79 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzman View Post
    A friend of mine has the HTC Thunderbolt. His phone got the Gingerbread update a month and a half after I did on the G2x. All carriers and manufacturers take their time.

ROM
    Whatever google wants...

Quote Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
    A friend of mine has the HTC Thunderbolt. His phone got the Gingerbread update a month and a half after I did on the G2x. All carriers and manufacturers take their time.
    I have no problem with taking time. My issue is that the g2x runs plain ol Android. No skins. At least that is how it was sold to me. So why do updates take so long. Especially since the phone went to market with big bugs and it took lg 5 months to put out an update to fix those glaring issues.. Sorry lg.... You are not getting me twice.. And it is a shame seeing their new lines of phones really interest me but can't trust lg to put out a quality product AND SUPPORT IT with timely updates.
    cordsig79 likes this.

ROM
    Stock ROM, rooted

ICS is available in a few different flavors over at xda developers. Not what I'd call mature ROMs by any stretch, and most have their bugs, but you can download a ROM and flash it.

That'll be the only way you see ICS on the G2x...don't look to LG or T-Mobile.
    Lindel -- T-Mobile LG G2X

ROM
    Whatever google wants...

Quote Originally Posted by lindel View Post
    ICS is available in a few different flavors over at xda developers. Not what I'd call mature ROMs by any stretch, and most have their bugs, but you can download a ROM and flash it.

That'll be the only way you see ICS on the G2x...don't look to LG or T-Mobile.
    Got tha right. That os why I dumped the g2x and went with an unlocked gsm gnex. On my second day with it now and boy I am so upset thatI put up with the g2x so long. This is what's should have gone with in November. Sorry lg but you will never receive another buck from me again. LG....NEVER AGAIN.

All ICS for G2X suffers from some sort of video recording problem. I am waiting for LG optimus 2x to release their rom and the rom developer extracts the binary driver out of the rom. This is the ony way we can get a nice and decent working drivers.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12