G2x Bootloop/freeze Fix?

ghjkl242

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Mmmkay I'll try and make this as brief as possible.

So, I got the G2x the other day and (of course) one of the first things I did was root it. Everything was working out great. I had flashed Clockwork, installed the root, and was messing around with changing the fonts. Although I had already found the phone to be exceptionally snappy, I decided I wanted to overclock it to push it to the next level. I stuck the OC kernel .zip on the sd card, rebooted the phone into clockwork, installed the .zip, and tried to reboot the phone into the OS.

The regular LG screen came up, and then went to an LG screen with a cyan/black loading bar, and then it repeated infinitely until I removed the battery. I searched online and found a possible solution might be to perform a factory reset, clear the cache, and clear the Dalvik cache. After I did that (via Clockwork), I got the same thing, but it doesn't loop. The cyan/black loading bar scrolls for a few seconds and then freezes. So, I read some more and decided that I'd load the stock recovery and see if I could use LG update to fix it. When I flash the stock recovery and try and boot into it, I get the regular LG screen, then the loading bar, then a screen like this: h**p://martin.iturbide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Android-Install.jpg with a loading bar at the bottom. After that, the screen goes black, it reboots, and I get the LG, then loading-bar-freeze scenario again.

I've already tried this:
h**p://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/52145-how-unbrick-your-phone-using-kdz.html
but the program won't detect the phone when it's in Clockwork Recovery, and I can't get it into stock recovery at all.

I'm out of ideas and I've searched and searched and can't find a working solution...

Any ideas?? :confused:

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay, this is going to sound silly, but sometimes helps when an overclocking causes a device failure. Get the device as cold as you can, then try to boot into the stock recovery. Some things to try: freezer, in a double layer of plastic zip seal bags, for longer and longer periods of time until you get it to boot long enough to restore the stock kernel. You can also cool it with compressed air. Be careful.

Best of luck.

ghjkl242

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... I'm not quite sure this is the issue. I didn't change the clock speeds, I only installed the kernel. The phone doesn't feel like it's heating up. I've tried waiting for several hours and it does the exact same thing. I really don't wanna risk sticking my phone in the freezer and having it collect condensation, even if it is in a ziploc bag. Thanks for the idea though! I might try it if nothing else crops up.

I was thinking, would it work if I flashed the stock OS .zip through Clockwork?

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... I'm not quite sure this is the issue. I didn't change the clock speeds, I only installed the kernel. The phone doesn't feel like it's heating up. I've tried waiting for several hours and it does the exact same thing. I really don't wanna risk sticking my phone in the freezer and having it collect condensation, even if it is in a ziploc bag. Thanks for the idea though! I might try it if nothing else crops up.

I was thinking, would it work if I flashed the stock OS .zip through Clockwork?

You need to confirm that the kernal you are flashing is for the rom you are using. There are different ones for CM and Stock2.3. A wrong kernal would cause the problems you are having.

capang9555

May 7, 2010
Visit site
okay so i rooted my g2x and put cyan 7 on and i flashed the overclock kernel. and when i do i get the same problem. it just shows the lg then lg with blue behind it than black... i have tryed rebooting wiping every type of cache downloading a new kernel.. etc. im stuck and upset. please someone if you know how to fix it please do. i really need help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech