Just Got It

Hchave52

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey everybody i just got my new T-mobile G2X, from T-mobile.com, and iv'e been waiting to have this phone for some time now. I am really excited to use this phone to its potential. When I say potential I mean get into the whole rooting, ROMS, Hacks anything that will make this phone better.

So I actually wanted some advice, direction, getting started help, links to rooting, best ROMS, apps, settings?

I have GB vers. 2.3.3

Thanks everyone I appreciate any help and comments. :)

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on grabbing a G2x up. This phone gets so much hate and that's mainly because the actual stock 2.3.3 version that runs when you get it is pretty buggy... reboots, freezing, data loss and etc. But if you root and put the right rom on it can be smooth as butter!

I've had mine since December and tried out 3 roms so far... WeaponG2x, CM7 and CM PhoenixBlood. PhoenixBlood by far is the best one I've had so I strongly recommend!

Here's a link to start out with [GUIDE] Flash CWM, ROOT and install a custom ROM on your G2x Gingerbread 2.3.3 - xda-developers

Enjoy your phone!

Reactions: Hchave52

Hchave52

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
hey thanks yea I've been hearing a lot of good things about phoenix and i'm gonna try that rom out for sure. As soon as i can get my phone rooted :/, still having trouble.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
since youre pretty new with the phone an the custom stuff you can do, i would read, read and read some more. xda is a great site as they have everything that you need to root, get roms and other kernels for the g2x. just make sure you read up on everything you can, and follow directions on anything you do. i like cm7 and eaglesblood. once more people play with the newly released beta build of cm and report on how stable it is, ill give that one a shot too. dont foreget to ask questions if youre lost.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
since youre pretty new with the phone an the custom stuff you can do, i would read, read and read some more. xda is a great site as they have everything that you need to root, get roms and other kernels for the g2x. just make sure you read up on everything you can, and follow directions on anything you do. i like cm7 and eaglesblood. once more people play with the newly released beta build of cm and report on how stable it is, ill give that one a shot too. dont foreget to ask questions if youre lost.

Are you talking about CM9 that was just released? If so I flashed it to my G2x and it's pretty good so far running 4.0.3, there are bugs though like camera, some stuttering and some apps won't work. But I can't wait till it's a more stable build because I will definitely switch up... for the mean time it's Phoenix for me!

And your right read any information you can get your hands on because you can easily turn your phone into a paper weight by missing one step.

Hchave52

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Yea Yea I've been reading a lot so far, some of the forums here, over at XDA, and even some videos.

Hchave52

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about CM9 that was just released? If so I flashed it to my G2x and it's pretty good so far running 4.0.3, there are bugs though like camera, some stuttering and some apps won't work. But I can't wait till it's a more stable build because I will definitely switch up... for the mean time it's Phoenix for me!

And your right read any information you can get your hands on because you can easily turn your phone into a paper weight by missing one step.

Yea if I had my phone rooted I would try CM9 but since it doesn't seem 100% stable i want to try Phoenix, plus it looks really tempting that I need to try it out first.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Phoenix is a great ROM, I was using Weapon before that which is also a very good one but I'm liking all the abilities and little tweaks that the CyanogenMod team threw into this one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech