Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Default CM9 for G2x

Just thought I'd share, I flashed it to my phone last night and while it is a nice build it still needs some tweaking.

[Download] First CM9 Builds Released For LG Optimus 2x And G2x – Get Them While They're Hot
    All Google.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak
    All Google.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Default Re: CM9 for G2x

I've been trying it on and off. They updated the ROM today and finally have a working camera.

Reason I won't use it as a daily driver yet is that the Wi-Fi calling doesn't work with a darn. making an outgoing call completely crashes both the Wi-Fi calling app and the phone app (can't make outgoing calls even after turning off Wi-Fi calling until you reboot) and incoming calls while on Wi-Fi completely crash the phone app and Wi-Fi calling app.

I do get ok too good signal even on cell but like using Wi-Fi calling since it significantly reduces battery drain.

Back to CM7 nighties and liking the new blue theme over the old green.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    I've been trying it on and off. They updated the ROM today and finally have a working camera.

Reason I won't use it as a daily driver yet is that the Wi-Fi calling doesn't work with a darn. making an outgoing call completely crashes both the Wi-Fi calling app and the phone app (can't make outgoing calls even after turning off Wi-Fi calling until you reboot) and incoming calls while on Wi-Fi completely crash the phone app and Wi-Fi calling app.

I do get ok too good signal even on cell but like using Wi-Fi calling since it significantly reduces battery drain.

Back to CM7 nighties and liking the new blue theme over the old green.
    Well at least they are updating it at a good pace! I won't make it a daily yet because of the same reasons as well even though it was very tempting too lol. But I will keep my eyes glued to the forums for more updates.

I'm back to my WeaponG2x ROM from the PhoenixBlood because I was having problems sending MMS, do you have that issue on CM7???
    All Google.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by MacHouse83 View Post
    Well at least they are updating it at a good pace! I won't make it a daily yet because of the same reasons as well even though it was very tempting too lol. But I will keep my eyes glued to the forums for more updates.

I'm back to my WeaponG2x ROM from the PhoenixBlood because I was having problems sending MMS, do you have that issue on CM7???
    I don't really MMS enough to tell the few times I've had someone send an MMS its worked although with some quirks (longer than normal download times etc.).
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    I don't really MMS enough to tell the few times I've had someone send an MMS its worked although with some quirks (longer than normal download times etc.).
    Yea I received MMS fine but I couldn't send MMS through WIFI or regular data on CM9... But like I said I'm sure they will smooth out the bugs.
    All Google.

Quote Originally Posted by MacHouse83 View Post
    Yea I received MMS fine but I couldn't send MMS through WIFI or regular data on CM9... But like I said I'm sure they will smooth out the bugs.
    is that a build issue of just a regular issue? i can send sms on wifi but never mms on wifi. and i am running something totally different.
    LG G2x
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

Quote Originally Posted by smoking rr View Post
    is that a build issue of just a regular issue? i can send sms on wifi but never mms on wifi. and i am running something totally different.
    I honestly have no clue because I was having the same issue with some CM7 ROM builds where it would sometimes send MMS fine or I would get the "Sending...." and it wouldn't send at all. I'm running Weapon now and I have no problems sending MMS through WIFI or data but I'll have to do some research because I did love PhoenixBloood it just had that one flaw for me personally.
    All Google.

I would love to hear what you find out. I am very new to all this, but I have swapped in a few build. I've thing I don't like is the lack of swype text in the new builds.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    LG G2x
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    4.0.3 ICS Leak

I would love to hear what you find out. I am very new to all this, but I have swapped in a few build. I've thing I don't like is the lack of swype text in the new builds.

I'll definitely keep a eye out for any new info, even though I rarely use swype I think it's a bummer as well that it's not included on the CM9 builds.
    All Google.

ROM
    Whatever google wants...

nice.

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    G2X-ics

all you have to do is go to beta.swype.com and then sign up. then you can always get the newest version of swype. just make sure that if you have a stock version of it on your phone that you get rid of it.