rooted G2x vs rooted Sensation

clu1688

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I am about to jump from Sprint to TMO for a few reasons related to the network:
- faster data, the so called TMO 4G, lol, still faster than Sprint 3G
- there is a new TMO tower near my home vs 2 bar on my Sprint phone.
- $50 x2 for unlimited plan on TMO (data cap 2GB, enough for me)

Now I have done root on my Optimus S and have had a few ROMs on it. So the first thing I look is not stock system, but rootability and availability of ROMs, and then the performance after all those good stuff.

So the real question to the Pros, which one is the winner? Rooted G2x or Sensation?

I am leaning toward Sensation for following reasons: it has larger and better screen (sigh, not as good as iphone 4S)

Sensation vs G2x
4.3" vs 4"
540x960 vs 480x800
256 ppi vs 233 ppi
1.2GHz vs 1GHz
768 MB vs 512MB ram

However there is one gripe against both phones, they lack physical buttons! No, no the keyboard, but the 4 Android buttons that are on Optimus S!

Why buttons? While not looking at the phone, I can slide fingers across the buttons and press the right one if it has physical buttons. Cannot do that with touch buttons, you touch one, you trigger that function.

Maybe there is a way to solve it? Say, you program the 4 touch buttons to be "double click to launch?"

C'mom HTC LG all, put the physical buttons on your high end phones! I may go for the myTouch 4G Slide.

Please share your thoughts, thanks,

mao mao

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I would go with the Sensation. There are no disadvantages. My dad has the Sensation, I have the G2x. I'm not a fan of my G2x. It's been buggy and laggy both pre and post root.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt