Android Central's Hands-on with the T-Mobile G2x

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
T-Mobile has officially announced their variant of the LG Optimus 2X, to be called the G2x. Check out the video below for a quick look at this beautiful phone.

Here are the high-level specs:

• Dual core Tegra 2 processor clocked at 1GHz
  • Android 2.2 (froyo)
  • 4-inch capacitive touchscreen (at 480x800 pixels)
  • 8 MP rear camera / 1.3 MP front-facing camera
  • HSPA+ compatible
  • Video recording at 1080p
  • 8GB internal memory
  • 4.48 inches tall and just 0.43 inches thick
  • 1500mAh battery
  • SIM and mircoSD slots.
  • Dual speakers.
  • HDMI-out port
  • 3.5mm headphone jack.

CTIA Video:

And if you missed Phil's Hands-on with the LG Optimus 2X story be sure and check it out.

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
i almost got the galaxy and the guy at the store actually told me to hold out another few weeks for this phone. well worth it IMO!

marcucuarcu

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
hi!...a couple of cons for this phone...there's no led light on top to signal the receiving of a new mail,message...etc...the screen will lit up and show the message on the top bar,but for a second...if u miss that you will never know you have a message....and u have to check for messages by pressing the power button on top of the phone to lit up the screen...kinda annoying and i think a little led light will save battery life in stead of having the whole screen lit up just to check for messages...
on the top left of the phone is a proximity sensor that shuts off the screen when you take a call...now that interferes with your hand when you use it to touch the screen for usual use, causing a screen shutoff that you don't actually want....
the phone has front-facing camera that is not yet supported by skype...

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem using Skype on my G2x. You can also download an app called LG 2X/Black/3D Notifications. It can be setup to flash the leds at the bottom for incoming messages, mail missed calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908