Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default I Give Up...

So I had returned the G2X a few days ago due to some network issues I was having. Just occasional signal drops, and other similar issues. I ended up switching to an HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon.

However, now that my dual core 'cherry' has been popped, all of the little lags with the Thunderbolt are much more noticeable. They're not unbearable, but they're definitely noticeable and can be really annoying.

So I've decided to swallow whatever issues I was having, and I'm going back to T-mobile to pick up a G2X tomorrow. In my home, where I was having most of the issues, I can use wifi instead of the network for most everything. That should help some, and then hopefully gingerbread will take care of some of the other issues, as will the new tower in my area. (the gingerbread leak is one of the things that made me reconsider staying with Verizon)

lol, I guess you haven't being following the XDA threads. There have been couple of roms out now for the G2x. So far i like EaglesBlood rom. The G2x is by far one of the best dual core phones out there.

breaking news. I am now just downloading the G2x gingerbread just released over at XDA. here is the link
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just so we're clear...the leak won't fix any signal issues at all. It's the same baseband and kernel as the Froyo build. So signal issues will still be there...not sure about other issues. I'm flashing it now, but I didn't have any issues in the first place so I won't be able to say whether or not other issues are fixed.

I'm also wondering if CM7 has the same kinds of issues. I haven't flashed that yet, though, because I don't like nightlies.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    Just so we're clear...the leak won't fix any signal issues at all. It's the same baseband and kernel as the Froyo build. So signal issues will still be there...not sure about other issues. I'm flashing it now, but I didn't have any issues in the first place so I won't be able to say whether or not other issues are fixed.

I'm also wondering if CM7 has the same kinds of issues. I haven't flashed that yet, though, because I don't like nightlies.
    Oh I didn't mean that GB would fix the reception issues. I was talking about some of the random reboot issues and other assorted bugs. Most of the signal issues I'm having are just at home anyways, so I'm going to use WiFi more.

BTW: Did they really get rid of LG's awesome camera interface for GB's garbage stock app? If that carries over to the OTA I will never allow it to update. Did they keep the CRT-like screen off animation?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

They are working on getting the LG camera app integrated. Also, the screen off animation is gone.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

They are working on getting the LG camera app integrated. Also, the screen off animation is gone.
    Damn. The screen off animation was one of my favorite parts about gingerbread.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't mind it being gone. For some weird reason it made me think something was wrong with my phone.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't mind it being gone. For some weird reason it made me think something was wrong with my phone.
    Haha. I liked it because it made all my friends jealous.

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Also, the screen off animation is gone.
    BOOOOO!!!! That's one of my favorite parts of Gingerbread.
    If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.