How easy?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So I've been looking at flashing the leaked gingerbread from Modaco to my G2X. Here's my question though: How easy is it to put it back to stock? I've rooted past Android handsets, but I know its different for each one.

Also; does my handset have to be rooted to install? In the thread Paul said that it was pre-rooted but packaged as an update.zip, so I wasn't sure.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Once you get the driver's installed (which has gotten a lot easier since there's a thread pointing you everywhere you need to go) it's simple. I mean really simple. Like click a button on a program simple.

If you want the leaked Gingerbread I would suggest flashing EaglesBlood instead. It has a lot of other tweaks on top of being Gingerbread. Only downside is that wifi calling is removed. It's not a huge deal for me because I don't need it, but I think I remember you saying that you do. I also haven't tried simply reinstalling the APK to see if it works. It might rely on LG framework which is mostly removed, I think, from EaglesBlood.

As far as putting it back to stock you can flash the stock recovery back and restore to your stock ROM. I think (you'd have to check) they might have the straight stock ROM on XDA for those of us that would need to return the phone. I've never personally had a problem returning a rooted phone, though, but that could just be my luck. :)