Should I wait for the Sensation?

Blake1288

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a few days away from scrapping my Craptimus S and getting a G2X; however, I just saw on the forums that the Sensation may only be three weeks away ... So the question at hand is, should I wait for the Sensation? Or buy the G2X and just return it for the Sensation before the 30 days are up?

Any help is appreciated.

ianst28#AC

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing pretty much the same I have my new nexus s for 7 days then its going back and the sensation will be mine

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Blake1288

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
So it's official it will be at a T-Mobile store on June 8th? That's not just pre-order? I don't want to get burned on this ... I've had two free Android phones -- Optimus S and the LG Ally -- needless to say, I'll never get a low-end Android again. I thought that getting the Optimus would be an upgrade seeing as how it had 2.2 stock. Boy was I wrong. Phone is OK at best, nothing to really brag about. My Mom has an iPhone 4 and while I can match damn near everything she can do on that, I'm just not happy with the speed of it. I do love Sprint service and the ability to cheat them out of $30 a month with the Wi-Fi tether, but this phone is a piece of junk. 3.2 MP camera, I can't have Flash, tiny screen and the consistent bad updates make me want out of it. I tried to con my way into possibly a Nexus S by breaking my phone, again, but they wouldn't bite. I'm now on my fourth Optimus due to bricking the device. Common sense would say do it once and leave it alone. But I'm left with so much more to desire that I can't be satisfied with this.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So it's official it will be at a T-Mobile store on June 8th? That's not just pre-order? I don't want to get burned on this ... I've had two free Android phones -- Optimus S and the LG Ally -- needless to say, I'll never get a low-end Android again. I thought that getting the Optimus would be an upgrade seeing as how it had 2.2 stock. Boy was I wrong. Phone is OK at best, nothing to really brag about. My Mom has an iPhone 4 and while I can match damn near everything she can do on that, I'm just not happy with the speed of it. I do love Sprint service and the ability to cheat them out of $30 a month with the Wi-Fi tether, but this phone is a piece of junk. 3.2 MP camera, I can't have Flash, tiny screen and the consistent bad updates make me want out of it. I tried to con my way into possibly a Nexus S by breaking my phone, again, but they wouldn't bite. I'm now on my fourth Optimus due to bricking the device. Common sense would say do it once and leave it alone. But I'm left with so much more to desire that I can't be satisfied with this.
Nothing's for sure until T-mobile announces the date. BUT, with the FCC approval, it looks like its coming sooner rather than later.

I actually have a G2X right now, and its a great phone, but there are a lot of niggling issues that make the phone a little hard to live with.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you root you won't like the Sensation. It won't be an easy process, assuming they crack the signed bootloader.

I also have the G2X, and it does have some niggling issues, BUT an update is rumored to be on the way that will correct most (if not all) of those. I'm sure the Sensation will have it's launch bugs, too, and will need an update to fix them.

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
OP, you're asking a question only you can answer. Go ahead and get the G2x. If you end up loving it, great. If you dont like it return it and get the Sensation when it comes out.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I returned my 2nd G2X because of data reception issues.
Best phone I've ever had and I honestly didnt want to return it, but........
I couldnt see paying $500 for a phone that wouldnt do what my MyTouch 4G does.

I am too skeerd to root and all that stuff.
I'll be getting the Sensation the day it drops and giving it a whirl.

:D

Blake1288

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
If you root you won't like the Sensation. It won't be an easy process, assuming they crack the signed bootloader.

I also have the G2X, and it does have some niggling issues, BUT an update is rumored to be on the way that will correct most (if not all) of those. I'm sure the Sensation will have it's launch bugs, too, and will need an update to fix them.

Do you have to root in order to Wi-Fi tether with the G2X?

That's really all I want to do, I don't need to root a phone unless I can't tether via Wi-Fi. It's just that I use my laptop and phone on-the-go for work. I can go to a job and finish my report right there instead of going to the office or back home. That way when I do go home it's out of sight out of mind.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have to root in order to Wi-Fi tether with the G2X?

That's really all I want to do, I don't need to root a phone unless I can't tether via Wi-Fi. It's just that I use my laptop and phone on-the-go for work. I can go to a job and finish my report right there instead of going to the office or back home. That way when I do go home it's out of sight out of mind.

The G2X has the wifi hotspot feature.
As far as I know all vanilla Android versions from 2.2 on have wifi hotspot and tethering native.

Poor data reception at my workplace while running the hotspot is the reason I returned
the 2nd G2X for a refund.
I dont know if its software related or just a weak antenna, but either way it didnt work out for me.
MyTouch 4G does just fine so I went back to using that.
I do plan on giving the Sensation a try.

:eek:

SoonerLater

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
You do not have to root to tether from your Android phone (whether Sensation, G2X or otherwise) -- so long as you're willing to pay T-Mobile $19.95/month for the privilege. If you want to tether for free, then you need to root your phone. The G2X has already been rooted. If the Sensation has been rooted, I haven't read a credible report yet. Note: there are instructions for how to root the Sensation at another site (link), but I'm skeptical that they are legit, because I've yet to find even a second site anywhere in the world with rooting instructions for the Sensation, five days after said article (see previous link) appeared.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The tethering feature its only $15 a month and you only have to add it on if your native hot spot feature gets turned off. It's not a must right away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech