1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default What is the screen made of?

Is the T-mobile G2x's screen made from Gorilla Glass?

Gorilla Glass

They say it is Gorilla glass but don't believe the hipe. I shattered the glass on mine after it came out of the clip on my side and fell on the tile floor.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's gorilla glass. Which isn't indestructible. Actually corning says the big thing is scratch resistance.

Until they make transparent aluminum we're stuck with glass still acting like glass.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Ouch...hope you opted for the handset protection!
    r3g

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spidersweb View Post
    They say it is Gorilla glass but don't believe the hipe. I shattered the glass on mine after it came out of the clip on my side and fell on the tile floor.

Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant not scratch proof and certainly not shatter proof if dropped from a decent distance. A case is your best hope in that situation...

Let me just say to all of you loyal opponents of Gorilla Glass - keep loving it.
    I for one do not support it. I am fully aware that it is not indestructible. But I have personally witnessed a cell phone rep hit a gorilla glass unit on the edge of the counter to demonstrate its durability.
    My phone has been replaced under warranty and all is well. My lesson learned. Like I said, don't believe the hype. Protect your investment.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Spidersweb View Post
    Let me just say to all of you loyal opponents of Gorilla Glass - keep loving it.
    I for one do not support it. I am fully aware that it is not indestructible. But I have personally witnessed a cell phone rep hit a gorilla glass unit on the edge of the counter to demonstrate its durability.
    My phone has been replaced under warranty and all is well. My lesson learned. Like I said, don't believe the hype. Protect your investment.
    How is it their fault if you don't know the purpose and limitations of Gorilla glass?

ANY glass, regardless if it is Gorilla glass, can shatter if it is hit at its weak point. That is what happened with your phone. That is why you hear stories of iPhones being dropped on concrete flat on their face without so much as a scratch. Gorilla glass is still glass. It still breaks, it still scratches, it still cracks.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This conversation is over.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.