G2x Not showing on inventory search on T-Mobile.com

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes... you are right. Just noticed that myself. This has happened with them before. Every now and then when they update the site with new phones some current models get left off the update. Happened with the myTouch 4G at one point.

On the other hand their could be a couple of other reasons. One, the on-line store could be out of stock and they pulled the phone until more arrive. Again, this has happened numerous times with T-Mobile.

Secondly, as many of us know, the G2x has had some software issues. I purchased one a few days ago and the software was totally messed up... I returned it to the T-Mobile store where I got it and they gave me a new one that works perfectly. T-Mobile and LG may have been getting a lot of complaints and simply pulled the phone until the software issues are resolved. Or, until Gingerbread was released and took care of issues by default.

The third reason could be that they are getting ready to do a major cost cut on the phone in conjunction with a special promotion and don't want people to buy the phone one day and see it at a much lower price the next.

Bottom line... you just never know!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes... you are right. Just noticed that myself. This has happened with them before. Every now and then when they update the site with new phones some current models get left off the update. Happened with the myTouch 4G at one point.

On the other hand their could be a couple of other reasons. One, the on-line store could be out of stock and they pulled the phone until more arrive. Again, this has happened numerous times with T-Mobile.

Secondly, as many of us know, the G2x has had some software issues. I purchased one a few days ago and the software was totally messed up... I returned it to the T-Mobile store where I got it and they gave me a new one that works perfectly. T-Mobile and LG may have been getting a lot of complaints and simply pulled the phone until the software issues are resolved. Or, until Gingerbread was released and took care of issues by default.

The third reason could be that they are getting ready to do a major cost cut on the phone in conjunction with a special promotion and don't want people to buy the phone one day and see it at a much lower price the next.

Bottom line... you just never know!

I know they were going to put it on special but I think they changed it.

Sent from my G2X

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if that's the actual reason but quality issues seem to be the cause: Has The G2x Been Pulled From Store Shelves Due To Quality Issues?

Just read a bunch of posts on that forum... very interesting. My G2x was produced on May 7, 2011... I am wondering if I have upgrades to my phone that a lot of the early buyers don't. Their were tons of complaints about light leaks and bleeding when you touch the screen with any pressure at all. Also a host of software issues. The first one I had did in fact have major software issues.. .so much so it rendered the phone useless and unusable. This new one, built on May 7th, is like a totally different animal. It operates nearly flawlessly... it is running 2.2.2 ... I don't know if that came on the first ones or not. But I am having (knock on wood) no hardware or software issues at all. In fact, it is the best phone I have ever had.. and this is my 4th Android phone.

I also read about pictures rendering funny when brought up on the screen from the Gallery. Their were numerous complaints about pictures "jumping" when they went to pinch zoom them. Again, I have aboslutely none of these problems on my G2x.

Well.. it will be interesting to see if T-Mobile or LG have a recall on the phone. Or, will they rush Gingerbread out in hopes that it will solve the software issues.. .which everyone seems to believe it will. Time will tell.

Quant

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got the G2x less than a week ago. Mine is flawless. I'm running 2.2.2 as well. No leaks. No bleeds. No crashes. Very curious to read this thread.

That being said, I used to own a BlackBerry Tour. And in that forum, I read from virtually everyone that they had problems. Returned their phones 6 and 7 times. Me, not once. Never had an issue. Same with the Storm. Read about tons of issues. Me, not a problem, ever.

In fact, I have yet to own any phone that ever had a problem, and I've owned tons of phones. If there are problems, I'm sure it's within the realm of normal failure rates. It's simply that those with issues tend to announce them. Those with no issues tend not to say anything at all.

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got the G2x less than a week ago. Mine is flawless. I'm running 2.2.2 as well. No leaks. No bleeds. No crashes. Very curious to read this thread.

That being said, I used to own a BlackBerry Tour. And in that forum, I read from virtually everyone that they had problems. Returned their phones 6 and 7 times. Me, not once. Never had an issue. Same with the Storm. Read about tons of issues. Me, not a problem, ever.

In fact, I have yet to own any phone that ever had a problem, and I've owned tons of phones. If there are problems, I'm sure it's within the realm of normal failure rates. It's simply that those with issues tend to announce them. Those with no issues tend not to say anything at all.

You bring up a great point... I to have had numerous Blackberry phones and 4 Android devices (the
G2x being the 5th) and I have never had the issues that seem to exist out on the forums. Of course, the forums represent only a small fraction of the users of any one device, and they tend to be highly sophisticated, more tech driven users that will complain about even the smallest issue. Issues that 99.999% of the users out there would never even notice. So when something even seems suspect the forums will explode with chatter about that specific "issue". And, complaints that CS of one carrier or the other dismissed their complaints and sent them packing. I also believe there is a lot of exageration and basically fake posts on the forums. For example, I remember one guy saying that he had returned something like 6 or 7 T-Mobile myTouch 4Gs for major operational issues. I spoke with a CS Rep at T-Mobile recently about making some changes to my Plan and I mentioned this ... he just laughed. First of all, they would never allow that many exchanges on one device. He did not specify what they would do other than to say, "we would simply not allow that to continue". By-the-way, that particular guy finally admitted that he didn't like the phone and was only sending them back to try to force T-Mobile to allow him to move to a G2.

So I think you have to take a lot of this with a grain of salt. Again, I will fully admit that I did have to exchange my first G2x at the T-Mobile store that I purchased it from. The software on the phone was faulty and it was doing crazy stuff. But it was a software issue... not a quality or hardware issue. My replacement, which as I stated above was manufactured on May 7th, is absolutely flawless. So yes, their may very well be a software issue with some of the G2x's that LG produced, but that doesn't constitute a "quality" issue.

My feeling is that T-Mobile and LG have pulled the phones off the shelves ... sent the phones back to LG for a re-install of a more updated and stable software package. That package may very well be Gingerbread, which we will all get in the near future. If T-Mobile and LG had knowledge of the phones truly being faulty from a hardward perspective I can't imagine they would not immediately put out a recall. Or, ask end users to take them back to the retail outlet they got them from for an inspection. After the Sony PS3 Network debacle I am sure these companies don't want that type of negative publicity. So without beating a dead horse, I have a gut feeling this is a software issue that can be handled with either a "patch" or move to Gingerbread.

anthonylokrn

May 24, 2010
Visit site
My phone is a May 6 build. Only problem is light leakage on the top of the screen and occasional OS stuttering. Eventually with updates, or CM7, it should get butter smooth.

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
They need to hurry up and get more in stock so I can upgrade. I'm really liking what I see.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol