Higher Price For The G2x + bug fix coming

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
It seems that T-Mobile has acknolwedged the inventory short fall by raising the price of the G2x as of tomorrow. The price will be $299.99 + $50 rebate... so $249. This is in response to Verizon coming to market with higher prices on their top tier Android phones. Guess they figure if people want them they will pay the higher prices.

Also, they have come out and acknolwedged that "...some users" of the G2x are experiencing issues and a software fix is being worked on as we speak. So obviously they know all about the random reboots; the phone turning itself off and only a battery pull being able to refire it; the phone shutting down during phone calls... etc.

I purchased a G2x on the 20th of this month and it was a total mess. The software was totally out of wack. I returned the phone and the replacement works flawlessly. I wonder if the softwaer package is being loaded up in different plants, depending on where the phone is actually put together. And, that one plant has defective software vs another that has good software. That may account for some of the G2x's being totally messed up and others, like mine, working great. I don't know how these things are done.. so only a wild guess on my part.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
That seems par for the course on price.

I also think a bug fix OTA is par for the course now, too, which I'm not happy about but at least they get fixed.

Sent from my G2X

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
First of all, I couldn't wait for my shipment from Tmobile so I purchased a G2X from the store. I was horrible. When the one I ordered came to me, it was flawless. I guess its the luck of the draw. Second, we are lucky to pay 199 (I had to pay 399 due to partial upgrade) for such a great phone. In my honest opinion, I don't think top tier android phones should be 199. That's a steal. These phones do so much

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed the price hike also as I'm waiting to get one as soon as they are back in stock. RadioShack.com has it for $99, or did the other day. I'm sure they will go up also. The problem is they don't acknowledge my upgrade eligibility.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
sounds like t-mob is adopting att's take it or leave it pricing.

that way, regulators will look at the current/relevant lineup of phones and say 'oh, gee, fair competitors on pricing, the consumer will not face a price increase if attmob merge',

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
But at the same time this phone is a step above the others, so why would, and should, it be priced at the same level as the other phones?

slayerpsp

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
i just ordered two on the 26th one for me one for the wife 173.00 shipped for both phones new contract. never buy direct they charge to much plus the rebate bs

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just put the G2X back on Craigslist.
Poor to no cell/data in two key areas where the MyTouch 4G does just fine.

I'll wait for the Sensation or Galaxy S II or the next Nexus.

:(

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have confidence in the OTA. And who knows what launch bugs the other phones will have. Could be better, could be worse.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
sounds like t-mob is adopting att's take it or leave it pricing.

that way, regulators will look at the current/relevant lineup of phones and say 'oh, gee, fair competitors on pricing, the consumer will not face a price increase if attmob merge',

Just another example that shows how little difference it makes if T-Mobile is swallowed up by AT&T or stays independent.T-Mobile doesn't want to "compete" against Verizon and AT&T any more.(It really hasn't the last couple years.) T-Mobile wants to "become" them by being able to charge their prices and adopt their Policies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non