Import the Galaxy Note 2

cjbrigol

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. Just wondering if I imported the GN2 would it work on the 42Mbps or do I need to wait for t-mobile to release it? I'm buying it off contract so I feel like importing wouldn't be that much more expensive. Thanks!:cool:

Deaj

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll be receiving my Galaxy Note 2 (international unlocked version) tomorrow and I intend to test this very thing once I've settled in with it. I currently use a HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile and I have no plans to replace it. The Note 2 will be replacing my ASUS Transformer Infinity as a WiFi only device, using my HTC phone as a mobile WiFi hotspot just as I've been doing with the tablet (a 10.1" tablet has proved impractical for me, a 7" tablet would be impractical for me as well, a 4.3" screen is just a bit too small to be completely productive for me and a 5.5" screen seems like it would be too big for me to use as a phone full time. I'm quite happy carrying both and sharing the battery drain between the two throughout the day. All this said I do plan to test drive the Note 2 as a phone once I have it set up for my intended use. It looks like I may have to cut my SIM card to fit in the Note 2 (micro SIM slot if I'm not mistaken). I'll need to wait for a time when I can afford to be without a phone for the planned duration of this test. Once I've had an opportunity to do so I'll check back in and let you know what I find.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
That would be great.

I am curious about this also.

From everything I read it will work with voice and data will be stuck on Edge service since it doesnt have the band T-mobiles use for its 4g.

Deaj

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Although I've no intention of running my N7100 as a phone I did give it a go this afternoon and, as spridell noted, it would not provide a 4G connection. I didn't test much beyondthis one finding. I've no doubt that T-Mobile's U.S. N7100 offering will be 4G capable the unlocked international version does appear to have limitations.

I'm sure someone will have more thorough results to post in the coming weeks. I just thought I'd post what I found today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon