1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can T Mobile Note 2 be used in other countries sim card or AT&T sim card?

I am thinking about to buy Note 2 from US T mobile before move the Asia. So Can T Mobile Note 2 able to use in other countries local sim card or US AT&T sim card?
    Thank you for all the answers.

ROM
    Bonsai4All V3.0.1

Default Re: Can T Mobile Note 2 be used in other countries sim card or AT&T sim card?

Yes. Yes.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Can T Mobile Note 2 be used in other countries sim card or AT&T sim card?

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1e View Post
    Yes. Yes.
    Thank you so much. Just taking with t Mobil on web chat. They said the no contract t mobile will be the unlocked Sim card. But I'm still not sure about it. Any one here bought the no contract one and ever tried to put at&t Sim card? Does it work?

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Default Can T Mobile Note 2 be used in other countries sim card or AT&T sim card?

Does the t-mobile and AT&T versions cover the same frequencies? If they do I would assume AT&T version is better because it also has LTE radios enabled?

ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by vamp07 View Post
    Does the t-mobile and AT&T versions cover the same frequencies? If they do I would assume AT&T version is better because it also has LTE radios enabled?
    Here are the frequencies
    LTE 700 / 1700
    WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
    GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    AT&T version also supports LTE 850/1900, but does not support WCDMA 1700

Source

ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by underwalker View Post
    Thank you so much. Just taking with t Mobil on web chat. They said the no contract t mobile will be the unlocked Sim card. But I'm still not sure about it. Any one here bought the no contract one and ever tried to put at&t Sim card? Does it work?
    A lot of people have done it. If you are on contact, call and pay the $200 etf and ask them the unlock code

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

If they hastle u as they did me, hit tuem with a bbb dispute

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

What I'm wondering is... if this phone is unlocked, will it receive AT&T LTE with an AT&T SIM?

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

^I doubt it I'm not sure if it has the right radios

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a superuser

This is what the extra wcdma band dose:
    As usual Samsungís awesome ServiceMode is on the device and confirms that T-Mobile DC-HSPA+ is working. If you havenít read discussion of DC-HSPA+ before, this is WCDMA carrier aggregation that combines two 5 MHz WCDMA downlink carriers, statistically multiplexes across them, and effectively doubles throughput on the downlink. That gets you from the theoretical maximum of 21.1 Mbps on 64QAM WCDMA up to 42 Mbps on dual carrier at the moment, which T-Mobile does run in its ď4GĒ markets at present. Iím actually a huge fan of T-Mobileís commitment to continually rolling out the latest physical layer upgrades for WCDMA and DC-HSPA+ keeps things feeling very speedy when youíre in good coverage and still helps at cell edge. Upstream is still limited to a single WCDMA uplink carrier, but most mobile traffic is so asymmetric to begin with it isnít a huge deal.

the T-Mobile Note 2 includes support for LTE bands 17 (which AT&T uses) and 4 (AWS, which AT&T has specced devices out for and T-Mobile has confirmed it will deploy LTE on).

LTE Support Band 17 (700 Lower B+C), 4 (AWS), UE Cat 3 FDD-LTE (Up to 100 Mbps DL)

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I am always willing to help anyone willing to learn.

Donations never expected but always gratefully accepted: on payal.

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

hi , i have a htc desire Z A7272, i bought it from hong kong some cell phone store like when it first came out, then i tried to hook it up with the pccw from hong kong, putting the sim in it, it didn't work, so i bought it to the htc support center in hk, and the guy said the phone was from malaysia even tho i bought i from hong kong store, so he downloaded an app and some how changed the rom or frequnce or something i'm not too sure what it was, but he simply just clicked my country i was in and restarted and the phone worked after, sim got register and everything, then i moved back to canada, went and hook it up with charta, same thing happened, sim didn'tn work at first, the guy download an app and did the same thing pretty much, i don't think it was the same app but it basically the same thing from hk, and it work after, so now i just reset my phone but i forgot the name of the app and i though i had it backed up in my sd card but somehow it's not. and i've been having so much headache from not beging able to get it back up and running, because a lot of my work i run through that phone and i really need to get it up and running before i can even switch it to an other android phone. can you please help. i would donate, i don't think i did any of the rooted or anything, since it was just a simply app downloaded and click and restarted, didn't involved a computer at all. so can you please please please help me out here,, i've been searching online for an answer for days and this is it. it's my last hope. i'm willing to pay to get it done, i just need to know what app i have to download and what it was exactly that they did, could it be refleshing rom? but i read alot of paper it all saids it involved a rooted processes which i really don't think that's what i did at first. so please help. i'm in canada. trying to have it hook up back onto charta or bell or telus anything.